The Sales Manager opportunity is with a global leader in the manufacture of highly engineered performance plastics, polymers and resins that serves customers from a variety of industries. We are continuing to grow and attribute much of our success to our specialty product and the level of service from our talented team members.
We are looking for a Sales Manager who comes from a highly technical sales background and has extensive experience with complex engineered products and processes. This position will participate in developing and executing the Company’s business objectives and partner with product engineering, manufacturing and customers to develop and offer advice on applications which will best serve the customer. This position is located in our corporate headquarters located in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio.
Essential Job Functions
- Foster and grow the appropriate business relationships both internally and externally
- Serve as a technical expert for customers
- Identify and evaluate market opportunities and support the launch of new applications
- Collaboratively develop customers based on product and processes applications
- Prepare and conduct technical customer presentations
- Work with purchasing, engineering and manufacturing to gain approval on current and upcoming programs and projects
- Assist Senior Management to conduct sales forecasts and account plans
- Represent the Company at trade shows and conferences
- Create and implement account plans which align with the business strategy.
- Comply with administrative requirements (trip reports, forecasting, quality system procedures, etc.)
- Understand, identify and report on current market trends, economic indicators and industry intelligence
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering preferred (Chemical, Polymer, or Materials Science); however, consideration will be given to a degreed professional in sales and marketing
- Minimum of 7 years of sales experience with demonstrating success with a technical, highly engineered product line
- Strong knowledge of polymers, plastics, resins and demonstrated aptitude of relevant manufacturing processes and quality systems
- Customer relations experience in sales and technical service
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Strong negotiation, communication and presentation skills
- High degree of integrity
- Willing and able to travel within the United States and internationally, up to 60%
- Tactical, strategic thinking and business acumen skills
Spunfab is an equal opportunity employer that offers competitive wages and benefit package. No phone calls or agency solicitations please.
Job Type: Full-time
- technical sales: 7 years (Required)
- United States (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Paid time off