Under the direction of the Controller, the Junior Accountant is responsible for preparing financial information by maintaining and reconciling accounts; preparing reports as required by the Controller. The below statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Maintains financial records for subsidiary companies by analyzing balance sheets and general ledger accounts
- Reconciles general and subsidiary bank accounts by gathering and balancing information
- Compiles and analyzes financial information in order to prepare journal entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and documenting business transactions.
- Processes month-end reports for management review.
- Assistant with providing year end information at the request of the Controller
- Provides financial status information by preparing special reports; completing special projects
- Corrects errors by posting adjusting journal entries
- Maintains general ledger accounts by reconciling accounts receivable detail and control accounts; adjusting entries for amortizations prepaids; analyzing and reconciling retainage and accounts payable ledgers; preparing fixed asset depreciation and accruals.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups; keeping information confidential
- Maintains accounting controls by following policies and procedures; complying with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Sets up new accounts when needed.
- Coordinates the completion of the balance sheet account analysis
- Maintain account payables system; verify invoices to purchase orders and receiving documents; resolve discrepancies; request checks to pay invoices.
- Assisting in the processing of payroll area as needed
- Process various accounting related reports required by management or government agencies.
- Assist with other accounting functions such as taxes, monthly and yearly financial reports.
- File and maintain clerical records and reports.
- Work within the Epicor system
- Travel as necessary
- Any other tasks or projects as needed
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to prioritize work and coordinate multiple tasks within constraints of the position
- Must be hands-on and have a personal drive to succeed
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, detailed orientated with exceptional organizational skills
- Able to handle conflict resolution and other customer complaints in a timely and professional manner
- Strong customer service skills and proficient to expert in Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with working in an office setting production machining company is a plus
- Able to bring your expertise and techniques with you while adapting to SMC’s unique culture, markets, people and business processes.
- Demonstrable expertise in Microsoft Office Suite Products such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- A Self- Starter with ability to work independently in fast pace deadline orientated environment and to establish strong team relationships
- Understand the basic accounting principles and apply them
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as account balances, appropriate tax, discounts, interest, proportions, and percentages
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports, bank statements, and accounting regulations.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence as needed
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Preferably, an Associate Degree in a Business Related Discipline or 3 years or more of office related experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Proven experience in managing multiple projects
- Resourceful and well organized
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive- but able to recognize and support the organizations preferences and priorities
- Comfortable manipulating and entering data in a variety of computer programs
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year
- Accounting: 3 years
- manufacturing: 1 year