Position: Paramedic New Starting Pay!!!
Status: Full-Time & Part-Time ($1,500 sign on bonus for Full-Time)
Closing Date: Open until filled
- Do you pride yourself on excellent patient care skills?
- Do you want to work in a fun and fast paced environment?
- Do you have successful EMS/EMT experience?
Area Ambulance Service (AAS) is the regional 911 Emergency Medical Service provider for Cedar Rapids, Marion, Linn County, Buchanan County, and 15 surrounding communities. We cover approximately 650 square miles. AAS is one of the largest and busiest ambulance services in the state of Iowa averaging 23,000 calls for service each year. AAS operates and maintains a fleet of 16 ALS ambulances equipped with state-of-the-art equipment and technology. As well as responding to 911 responses, emergent interfacility transfers, and non-emergent interfacility transfers, AAS also provides standby services for numerous community events at the US Cellular Center, McGrath Amphitheatre, Cedar Rapids RoughRiders, Cedar Rapids Kernels, Cedar Rapids River Kings, Freedom Festival and many more.
AAS offers a competitive wage along with consideration for experience and a $1,500 sign on bonus for full time. AAS provides a comprehensive health benefit package including health, dental, vision, paid time off and a matching 25% 401K. Formal CEHs, online CEH’s, CPR and ACLS training, and full uniforms are provided by AAS.
- State of Iowa Paramedic Certification
- Valid “Class D” Endorsement 3, Iowa Driver’s License
- AHA certification in Basic Life Support
- AHA certification in ACLS
- Ability to pass background check and physical testing
Applications available online at http://www.area-ambulance.org
Please submit applications to our headquarter located at 2730 12th St. SW, Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52404 or email it to Jennifer Boxwell
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $18.00 - $19.00 per hour
- Paramedic (Required)
- Iowa Paramedic (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Signing bonus
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- 8 hour shift
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
Company's Facebook page: