GENERAL DUTIES (not all inclusive):
- Maintains a safe workplace program and ensures that safety is the highest priority in the workplace.
- Complies with all ASC Environmental, Safety and Health (ESH), Waste Management and Quality Assurance requirements, goals, policies and procedures.
- Is responsible for maintenance of fire alarm, detection, notification, reporting and fire suppression systems. Suppression systems include, but are not limited to CO2, FE-13, Dry Chemical, Stove hood and sprinkler systems.
- Accomplishes hands-on fire system tasking on maintenance and construction projects in Antarctica.
- Completes periodic maintenance on fire systems equipment in accordance with the Preventative Maintenance Program, NFPA and manufacturer's guidelines as well as coordinates testing, maintenance, and repair activities.
- May be required to work outside on various job sites in extreme cold weather conditions.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High school graduate or GED is required.
- S./State Vehicle Operators License required.
- Current NICET II Fire Alarm certification (minimum) is required.
- Minimum four years of documented experience installing, testing, inspecting, and maintaining fire protection systems, including fire alarm systems, suppression systems, and fire sprinkler systems is required.
- Experience including rough wiring, detection device/appliance termination, and head end termination is required.
- Ability to read design drawings and wiring diagrams is required.
- Willingness and ability to deploy to Antarctica for extended periods is required.
- Must be willing and able to lift and move items, parts, assemblies and equipment up to the safety regulation maximum.
- Must be willing and able to perform physical activities including heavy lifting, climbing in and out of equipment, crawling, and working outdoors.
- Must successfully complete the physical, dental and psychological (if applicable) examinations as required by the NSF for deploying to Antarctica.
- Must participate in community programs, such as “house-mouse” (chores), “daisy-picking” (cleaning-up around the station), recycling efforts and safety objectives.
- US citizenship or permanent resident status is required.
Job Type: Contract
- installing and maintaining fire protection systems: 4 years (Required)
- NICET Level II (Required)