Animal Agriculture Technical & Sales Field Support – China
POSITION: Animal Agriculture Technical & Sales Field Support – China
Full-Time Independent Contractor
REPORTING TO: President
LOCATION: Role will be based in Beijing (NARI Yihe – West Gate Summer Palace Yiheyuan – Haidian)
The Animal Ag Technical & Sales Field Support position is responsible for providing field support to BiOWiSH management and commercial team, within the specified geographic region, as well as providing agronomy technical support to distributors, dealers, end users and research partners.
Key responsibilities include:
- Planning, Initiating and Managing BiOWiSH Animal Ag trials across multiple species.
- Supporting BiOWiSH corporate initiatives and assisting management in developing commercial market for BiOWiSH Agribusiness products.
- Assisting in the development of technical, training and marketing tools to support Agribusiness Education Initiatives in country.
- Educate and Train channel partners, farmers, manufacturers, etc. about BiOWiSH Agribusiness products based on Agribusiness Education Initiatives.
- Contribute to long term direction and strategy of BiOWiSH within the Chinese market.
- Effectively define and communicate advantages of BiOWiSH products to key customers, distributors, industry bodies, and thought leaders.
- Coordinate and plan on-farm trials that demonstrate the value of BiOWiSH to gain distribution partners and end users.
- Agribusiness Education Initiative Training to channel partners and farmers.
- Demonstrate the value proposition to local crop consultants to influence business with local integrators.
- Collect, organize and derive information from trial data to produce BiOWiSH best management practices and marketing materials in the designated region.
- Develop BiOWiSH application protocols with effective grower recommendations to advance grower farm economics and support BiOWiSH Agribusiness product sales.
- Provide technical support to BiOWiSH distributors, dealers and end users.
- Conduct grower training for dealers at dealer meetings, farmer meetings, and field days.
- Contribute to BiOWiSH initiatives as a member of the global team.
- Contribute to annual business planning as part of Agri-Business Team.
- Contribute to achieving commercial targets and growth in accordance with the business plan.
- Maintain intimate knowledge of the respective products, market, distribution channels, competitive landscape and application areas.
- Any other duties as required by Territory Veterinarian.
- Uphold all company policies including Anti-Trust (and international equivalent) compliance and compliance with EH&S policies.
- Strong Conversational & Technical English and ability to translate from English to Chinese both verbally and written.
- High performing Technical Veterinary or Animal Nutrition Professional.
- Formal Degree in Veterinary or Animal Nutrition required with Bachelor’s Degree or higher preferred.
- Must have completed Bachelor’s or Graduate level degree in English speaking country.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively train others on technical material.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and contribute across the business.
- Ability to work unsupervised and show initiative as required.
- Time management skills
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Frequent travel is required in this role. Overnights are limited when possible; however, candidate must be able to work throughout China as needed.
- Beijing (NARI Yihe - Haidian) office based work, with a large amount of time dedicated to on-site farm and distribution visits.
- Working conditions will be typical of field agronomy work, candidate must thrive in an outdoor environment.
- Must be able to lift relevant feed bags, typically 50kg, on an as-needed basis.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- Role will be based in Beijing (NARI Yihe – West Gate Summer Palace Yiheyuan – Haidian)
TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Full-Time Consultant / Contractor.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract