As the Social Media Manager, this individual will own all social media channels for the organization. This includes but is not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat and LinkedIn. He/she will be in charge of creating social media strategies that improve measurable KPIs, drive leads and ultimately increase revenue for the organization. This person must be focused on both building engaging organic content that resonates with CEA’s students, but also driving paid social campaigns that are focused on lead generation. Working closely with the other members of the marketing department, the person in this role is tasked with improving the current social media status-quo, and driving real, tangible growth through social media.
The accountabilities listed below are not all inclusive of what the employee may be responsible for.
- Develop and maintain the social media strategy for both student and university focused profiles (B2C and B2B).
- Define and report on social media related KPIs including engagement, reach, etc for all major channels.
- Create compelling organic social strategies for all channels while maintaining posting cadence.
- Engage with current and potential students, making sure that their questions are answered and voices heard via our social profiles.
- Oversee all aspects of paid social campaigns including budgets and KPIs (CPL, CPA, etc).
- Create paid social campaigns focused on all areas of the funnel including awareness, retention and retargeting.
- Manage social media vendors and hold them accountable for performance.
- Serve as the owner of the CEA MOJOs, the organization’s influencer marketing program.
- Utilize UGC within our social media marketing plans, helping current and potential students learn more about our programs through real student experiences.
- Own all offsite reviews sites, aggregating user feedback, triaging and distributing internally.
- Manage the CEA Blog and all UGC that is created.
- Work cross-functionally with other members of the marketing team as well as other departments to develop content and meet deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 4+ years experience of social media management or digital marketing
- Experience managing all major social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, LinkedIn, Snapchat, etc.
- Knowledge of paid social platforms including Facebook Business Manager
- Previous use of social media management tools including Hootsuite, Sprout Social, etc is a plus.
- Background in higher education is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in a language other than English is a plus
- Ability to work independently or within a diverse team environment
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to problem-solve
- Demonstrated ability to master new technology quickly
- Customer service mentality
Job Type: Full-time
- Paid Social Media Marketing: 4 years (Required)
- Facebook Business Manager: 3 years (Required)
- Ecommerce: 2 years (Required)