Pivotal Point LLC is partnering with Stronger, International to recruit a Network Engineer (Level 3) who will be located in Houston, Texas. Established in 2006, Stronger International Inc is a privately-owned cybersecurity - IT services business and worldwide training educator. Stronger is in a fast-paced growth mode and needs highly motivated staff to grow the business. Clients range from NYU to General Motors to Regional hospitals and architectural firms. This particular position will be focused on IT Project Management within the Oil and Gas Industry.
The Network Engineer will be responsible for overseeing the technical details, managing, supporting the network and VoIP infrastructure for the new business division of a large oil and gas company. This person must be very organized, efficient and able to work in a team environment. The ability to talk with upper management and work with different key stakeholders is essential.
The Network Engineer will be helping establish a stand-alone new business unit within a large oil and gas company. This position will help include project management and transitioning systems while establishing maintenance and procedures of the new systems. The IT transition will be happening at 7 different site locations within the organization – all located within North and South America. This is a great opportunity for the right person. .
Scope of Work Details:
Network Engineering duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
Required Network Engineering Skills:
- Proactively monitor and manage the LAN and WLAN.
- Troubleshoot routing and switching incidents.
- Utilize the organization’s tools to monitor and manage devices including, but not limited to, F5 LTM/GTM, Cisco WLC, DDI Infoblox, Cisco Switches and routing devices.
- Maintain the Cisco Prime infrastructure.
- Support for New Site LAN & WAN Infrastructure installation or Relocations.
- Support for New Technology Rollout or Transform Project data collections.
- Support for enabling new features in existing Infrastructure (mass roll-out).
- Maintain and update CMDB.
- Coordination with colocation Datacenter Administration
- Cisco Prime networking and ops center (use, management, troubleshooting and integration)
- Infoblox DHCP/DNS/IPAM (use, management, troubleshooting)
- Participate in improvement projects (E.G. Tech Refresh)
- Troubleshoot voice quality and routing issues
- Coordinate with local site contact for service provider issues
- Management and support of riverbed steelhead devices.
- Internet monitoring and router management; monitoring internet utilization and starting incidents at the provider in case of outage.
- Act as PRIMARY or focal contact for any WAN issue.
- Perform first check in case of incidents
- Liaise with service desk to create and follow-up tickets
- Submit incidents and change requests
- Focal contact for all OEM network devices for support issues
- Incidents tickets and service request ticket resolution within agreed KPI’s
- Analyze vulnerability and compliance reports received from the scanning team and remediate in line with organization’s procedure for network platform vulnerabilities.
- Own all issues and activities related to the SCOUT project.
- Over 7 Years of experience managing Cisco Network switches and wireless APs.
- Past experience in executing Infrastructure or End user services projects
- Past experience working with multiple vendors.
- Proven communication skills when working with other technical towers to work out issues.
- Strong leadership skills when troubleshooting across multiple platforms and working out technical issues for project planning.
- Strong cultural awareness
- Past experience working with Cisco IP Telephony is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Yearly compensation DOE:
- Excellent organizational skills and time management skills required
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail are critical
- Technical understanding of IT and integration of systems is required
- Self-motivated and proactive with ability to multi-task
- Able to perform work without being directed
$84,000 to $125,000 a year DOE
Full Time. 40 plus hours a week
Please apply by submitting your resume via this job posting.
EOE Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor