As a Software Engineer you will be focused on building highly usable, reliable, and scalable software solutions that will be at the forefront of handling customer engagements within the company. As an Engineer you will create sophisticated implementations on both the client and server sides focusing primarily on developing software the right way to maximize efficiency within the SDLC through automation. Delivery and Deployment is a critical part of Akamai's ability to deliver high quality software incrementally and continuously.
- Design and implement REST APIs used by other Luna apps and customers to access core objects and data.
- Design and develop web based applications which will be utilized by Akamai’s customers. * Create new features from scratch, enhance existing features and optimize existing functionality.
- Contribute to the overall design and architecture of the Luna Control Center
- Work with engineering support team to troubleshoot complex network problems and customer issues.
- Manage changes to existing systems to ensure that they align with the long-term strategy.
- Analyze usage both qualitatively and quantitatively to improve overall system effectiveness.
- Work to understand, explain and improve complicated code bases.
- Work with our QA teams to come up with regression tests that cover new changes to our software.
About the Team
Luna is Akamai’s face to our users on the Web. It provides a full range of tools, including analytics, configuration management, web services, training, support, and billing for our customers to manage their accounts online. The Luna team is responsible for the software infrastructure, development, look and feel and technical evolution of the Luna Control Center.
Required Education and Experience
Applicants must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or or equivalent
- 2+ years experience with the complete software development life cycle, from requirements to design, implementation, unit testing, code reviews, and release.
- 2 years of web application and services development experience, including use of: **Java and Java Enterprise Edition
**Relational databases such as Oracle
**Web services such as REST
**Java/Web application design patterns and frameworks, such as MVC, Struts, Spring, or Hibernate.
- 1+ years experience working in Enterprise environments/technology
- 1+ years experience with design and development for mission critical, high-availability systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Proficient in building and consuming RESTful APIs.
- Experience with Java Web frameworks such as Spring, SpringMVC and Jersey.
- A clear understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and Source Code Management Systems.
- Knowledge or experience with both SQL and no-SQL database systems.
- Docker/LXC experience
- Experience with Cassandra a big bonus
- Detail-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understand the challenges of packaging products and managing dependencies for enterprise software development.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, troubleshooting and decision-making skills.
- Experience with Agile Methodology and Scrum and ability to operate within short release cycles.
- Self-starter who is able to work closely with team members and customers.