The Praxair Non Exempt_ Technical Orientation Program (NxTOP) is a 2-Year technical developmental program that is sponsored by Praxair's United States Industrial Gases (USIG) business unit._
The NxTOP is a mentored program, with each participant assigned a sponsor, and is specifically designed for each individual that is desiring to use a technical degree or technical background in your Praxair role. The Mechanical NxTOP will learn and train to plan and execute preventive/predictive/corrective maintenance solutions for rotating and fixed equipment in multiple facilities. Specific activities that will be performed by the NxTOP are related to the day to day operations of the department which include learning how to:
- Plan, schedule, coordinate and perform major equipment installation, maintenance, overhauls and inspections - including corrective, preventative or predictive work - of industrial mechanical and rotating systems and equipment including
- Centrifugal, Reciprocating and Screw Compressors
- Centrifugal Pumps
- Synchronous and Induction Motors
- High-speed Gearboxes
- Heat Exchangers, Cryogenic Interchangers, Chillers and Cooling Towers
- Piping systems and other related process equipment.
- Provide on-site or remote technical support and direction to sites in the region.
- Assist in turnaround planning and cost estimation of mechanical work.
- Assist in Identifying and resolving chronic mechanical asset concerns (bad actors).
- Support root cause analysis program for major failures.
- Drive resolution of highest impact issues with a strong sense of urgency and integrity.
- Work independently and make decisions based on full awareness of cost and other benefits.
Estimated start date for the 2018-2019 TOP program will be on or around July 1, 2018.
Associate's Degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology or 3 years of related experience
- Must be able and willing to adapt to a work schedule that coincides with plant/location operational needs and travel to facilities within the region.
- Must be able and willing to perform the following:
- climb ladders and steps on multi-story process platforms.
- collect process data at elevated levels on permanent and temporary structures such as scaffolds.
- spend time outdoors at any time of the year to supervise field activities lasting days.
- Excellent communication and team interaction skills
- Ability to work independently as well as lead/participate on teams
- Familiarity with computers and standard computer software packages
- Familiarity with standard industrial equipment and industrial maintenance best practices such as planning, PM programs, predictive technologies and spare parts management.
You must be willing to relocate for this program within the U.S.
Travel is required to various sites throughout North America in order to complete assignments, participate in learning activities, and/or for group and individual training.
Job Types: Full-time, Internship
- Mechanical Engineering Technology: 3 years (Required)
- East Chicago, IN (Preferred)