Architectural Discipline Manager*
Matrix Technologies, Inc. is a company focused on providing superior engineering, automation, and systems integration services to its clients, while also offering a great work environment and career opportunities to its employees. The company follows "The Matrix Way," which values doing the right thing and having fun, and aims to enhance people's lives every day. Matrix is a designated Top Workplace and offers market-leading compensation, benefits, bonuses, long-term incentives, and growth opportunities.
The Senior Architect position at Matrix is a leadership role that requires a broad range of knowledge and expertise in architecture principles and practices. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal and management skills, the ability to work effectively with clients, and a passion for delivering innovative solutions. They should be a self-starter and problem solver with a strong understanding of building codes and all building systems. The role involves managing projects and coordinating a team of architects, engineers, and designers, and requires strong client interaction skills.
While we value all of our candidates, employer Visa sponsorship is not available at this time.
- Coordinate and oversee the growth and development of technical activities relating to architectural projects.
- Lead project designs, direct other architects and designers to complete architectural designs in accordance with accepted practices and company standards.
- Assist with and lead the development of contract documents including Revit models, drawings, details, specifications, and installation scopes of work.
- Lead the development and maintenance of Revit standards, templates, and libraries.
- Work with Department Manager for team improvements, technology needs, sales strategies, proposal development and production efficiency.
- Mentor other architects and designers to facilitate a learning experience for subordinate personnel.
- Manage discipline project budgets utilizing Work Breakdown Structures Report (WBS), segregating tasks and associated costs in accordance with scope of work outlines in project proposals.
- Supervise and direct assigned project personnel and control projects including productivity, man-hours used, project changes, and adherence to predefined scope of services.
- Maintain and submit accurate budget and schedule forecasts to Project Manager, Department Manager, and Client for evaluation of productivity and schedule variance.
- Maintain project correspondence file to include project-related memos, letters, scope change documentation, and associated documents.
- Maintain positive client relations and develop potential work opportunities.
- Works in a safe manner at all times. Adheres to both Matrix and client established safety standards when appropriate.
- Accredited Bachelor of Architecture degree is required
- Master of Architecture is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a registered Architect in Industrial Architecture
- Successful completion of Intern Development Program (IDP)
- Successful completion of Architect Registration Exam (ARE)
- State Registered
- Must be able to travel: up to 20% local/daytime travel and 5% overnight travel annually
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; stoop, kneel, crouch; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk, and hear.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- This employee may perform industrial field work which could include exposure to hazardous locations, inclement weather, moving mechanical parts, noise, ladders, uneven ground, and stairs.
Location: Maumee, OH, Denver, CO, Atlanta, GA, Cincinnati, OH, Indianapolis, IN, Kansas City, KS, Minneapolis, MN. Will consider remote employees.
About Matrix:At Matrix Technologies, our core values define our culture and we live out those values in everything we do. We call this “The Matrix Way.” We strive for a culture that promotes teamwork and collaboration, engagement, and talent development. Our culture reflects what the modern workforce wants and inspires our employees to perform their best. We support our employee’s personal goals and interests with flexible work schedules and options for increased paid time off. This focus on the employee experience is why we have been named a Top Work Place by the Toledo Blade. To ensure we are providing our customers with the best solutions from the industry’s leading experts, we encourage our employees to grow professionally by offering technical and leadership training, tuition reimbursement, memberships to professional societies, and diverse experiences.
Since 1980, Matrix Technologies, Inc. and our professional team of engineering and automation experts have been the leading single source for any process, facility, or automation engineering need. We only hire the best which allows us to provide our customers with “A Better Process for Success”. Our talented staff and processes have also earned us a spot in the Control Engineering System Integrator Hall of Fame.
Matrix Technologies is a versatile, platform-independent, full-service resource for process design, automation and information system engineering. We have a commitment to our clients and it shows with 87% of our projects being repeat engagements from satisfied customers. Matrix Technologies has expertise in oil & gas, chemical, food & beverage, consumer packaged goods, pharmaceutical/biotech, aggregates, discrete manufacturing, automotive, glass, and metals.
Come see what “The Matrix Way” is all about!
Job Type: Full-time