Fedcap’s Breaking the Cycle program was officially launched in the State of Maine on January 30th, with the opening of four Opportunity Centers. The Breaking the Cycle program was established by Fedcap after we were selected by Maine officials to provide statewide services under their Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program, called ASPIRE. The state had not met TANF work participation rates and believed Fedcap could do a better job. There are approximately 3200 TANF cases throughout Maine, and the state is committed to working with Fedcap to end poverty for these individuals, families and children.
Responsible for scheduling initial appointments as well as assuring compliance, re-engaging job seekers who fail to report for scheduled appointments, next steps, goals and ensuring job seeker hours are in compliance as deemed by their case status under TANF.
Outreach, scheduling, cold calling, home visits, case noting, follow-up, re- engagement, timekeeping
- Provides reminder outreach call for all job seekers prior to initial program appointment to ensure appointment compliance
- Conducts immediate outreach to job seekers who fail to report to mandatory appointments and services. This includes telephone, email, regular mail and home visit(s)
- Documents outreach efforts as prescribed by TANF guidelines in proprietary systems
- Identifies and assist job seekers with mitigating barriers to program participation, including, but not limited to, physical and mental health limitations, housing, childcare, domestic violence issues and travel limitations
- Re-engages job seekers by discussing the range of available services and the potential benefits of participating in a self-sufficiency program with supportive services
- Bachelor's degree in social work, psychology, vocational rehabilitation, occupational rehabilitation or related field
- One year experience in case management or training and/or work experience determined to be acceptable
- Exceptional communication and writing skills
- Exceptional ability to communicate with job seeker to promote the value of work and help resolve issues and engage in work activities
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $14.00 to $16.00 /hour