Salary, Exempt position
VP of Finance
This position is a multi-functional position with a main focus on Accounts Payable. Other functions will include monthly financial analysis.
Manage and full in-charge accounts payables. Detail responsibilities include:
Financial Analyst include:
- Codes such items as invoices, vouchers, expense reports, check requests, etc., with correct codes conforming to standard procedures to ensure proper entry into the financial system.
- Handles all vendor correspondence via phone or email.
- Attaches the corresponding purchase orders to incoming invoices with all supporting documentation.
- Investigates and resolves problems associated with processing of invoices and purchase orders.
- Assists with monthly status reports, and monthly closings.
- Reconciles various accounts by identifying errors in posting or omissions by applying appropriate accounting standards.
- Process remittance information from checks, drafts and wire transfers for invoices provided by vendors, reviewing instructions accompanying items to determine proper disposition and crediting accounts in accordance with standard procedures.
- Receives, researches and resolves a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons.
- Files, maintains, and distributes accounting documents, records and reports.
- Support and assist department reporting requirements such as audit schedules, tax schedules, etc.
- Assist in month-end closing, prepare journal entries as necessary
- Performs other duties as required to support VP of Finance.
- An Associate’s degree or Bachelors degree in business or accounting is preferred;
- A minimum of 3 years experience in Accounts Payable or accounting related is required.
- Must be highly proficient in the use of Excel spreadsheets as well as other accounting software. Prior experience using Sage is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload in order to meet tight deadlines
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, ability to research, compile, analyze and interpret data
- Good written, verbal communication and collaborative skills, professional interpersonal communication skills, ability to speak in front of management team – including preparing presentation for team meetings,
- Ability to work in team-based, multi-disciplinary, multicultural, fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Ability to take a general question, dig through detailed data, and deliver meaningful, concise, written, or oral report that drives positive business decision making.
No travel required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. While performing the duties of this position, employees are regularly required to sit; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; and use hands repetitively to operate, finger, handle or feel standard office equipment; and reach with hands and arms. Employees are frequently required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this position, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret complex data and information; use math and mathematical reasoning; analyze and solve problems; learn and apply new information; perform highly detailed work on multiple, concurrent tasks with frequent interruptions; interact with managers, staff, customers, vendors, suppliers and others encountered in the course of work. Employees work under typical office conditions, and the noise level is moderately quiet. The position may require occasional visits to a plant location in which the noise level can be moderate to high.