These positions will provide professional legal support in administering the Agency’s adjudication function by analyzing investigative reports, preparing cases for prosecution, presenting cases at informal and formal hearings, and making adjudication recommendations to Board Administrators.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate complex data and effectively convey findings orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of legal principles, practices, and processes.
- Ability to effectively manage time and assignments.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Substantial experience in preparing witnesses for testimony.
- Substantial experience in presenting matters in judicial or administrative proceedings
- Substantial experience in drafting pleadings or memoranda based on analysis of legal and technical issues and factual reports.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Law degree, bachelor’s degree, paralegal degree or coursework in law, or appropriate combination of education and equivalent experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of legal/regulatory environment
- Knowledge of the Administrative Process Act
- Knowledge of laws and regulations governing health regulatory boards
- Prosecutorial experience
Special Instructions to Applicants
Conditions of employment for the candidates of choice include:
participation in the Commonwealth’s direct deposit program, a fingerprint based criminal history check, and completion of computer security training.
State employees who have been affected by Policy 1.3 Layoff and possess a valid Interagency Placement Screening Form (Yellow Card) or a Preferential Hiring Form (Blue Card) must submit the card BEFORE the closing date for this position. The card may be scanned and attached to the application or faxed to (804) 527-4446. Please include your name and the position number on the fax cover sheet.
The Dept. of Health Professions does not accept “See Resume” as a response to any question. Resumes will not be accepted, but cover letters may be attached to the online application. Information on the application is the primary source used for screening the position. Failure to complete any section of the application may disqualify the application for further consideration. Applications should include complete work history, including periods of unemployment if applicable. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Dept. of Health Professions will record information from each new employee’s Form I-9 (Employment Eligibility Verification) into the Federal E-Verify system to confirm identity and work authorization. AMERICORPS, PEACE CORPS, AND OTHER NATIONAL SERVICE ALUMNI ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
DHP is pleased to be exclusively accepting employment applications using the on-line employment system managed by the Department of Human Resource Management. Please view the link below to submit your completed state application for consideration no later than, Monday, June 4, 2018. If you have any questions concerning the application process or experience difficulty accessing the website, please feel free to contact Human Resources at 367-4410. https://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com/
Applicant need only apply to position #00273 to be considered for both positions.
The Department of Health Professions has a Web presence on the Internet. Please access agency employment opportunities at: www.dhp.virginia.gov.