JOB TITLE: Employment Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Education Services
DURATION: Open until 08/20/2018
SALARY RANGE: $35,000-$40,000 annually
This position is responsible for cultivating an employer network and assisting individuals in the SOAR Reentry Program obtain employment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Build sustainable relationships with current and potential employers through a range of sales and marketing initiatives (telephone, field visits, job fairs, direct mail, presentations, marketing materials, social networking, etc.).
- Manage time and performance by meeting and documenting weekly/ monthly targets for prospecting calls, new employer appointments, job starts, verifications and follow-ups with existing employers.
- Discuss the need for a program matching ex-offenders with employment.
- Provide the “public face” of the organization and program.
- Maintain an updated roster of participant placements and potential job opportunities.
- Work with Case Managers and Vocational Trainers to match participants with appropriate employers.
- Potentially participate in training and mock interviews.
- Survey employers to maintain their needs are being met.
- Provide regular updates to Program Manager.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure of deadline.
- Ability to work in a team environment, while also working independently.
- Demonstrated capacity to handle multiple tasks, projects and meet deadlines.
- Excellent public relations, community organizing, negotiation, mediation, conflict management and meeting facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Computer literacy in word processing, email, internet and spreadsheets.
- Must have strong administrative and organizational skills
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with diverse groups of citizens, who may have conflicting interests and opinions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Communications, Public Relations or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- 2-3 years experience in Marketing, Public Relations, Sales or a related field with a proven track record of success.
- Acquaintance with the local employment market and community resources
- Familiarity with city, state and federal laws, regulations and codes related to employment and Equal Employment Opportunity regulations
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Computer literacy, including knowledge of basic software applications and familiarity with the internet and email communications
- Knowledge of criminal justice system and/or experience with ex-offenders is preferred
- Ability to travel within city and surrounding communities.
OIC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity in its workforce. OIC, Inc. recruits qualified applicants and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.
Please do not call the Human Resources Office to check the status of an application. Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information regarding the status of your application over the phone. A*ll applications will be reviewed and those deemed most qualified will be contacted for interview. *Jobs will be open a maximum of 30 days from initial posting.
Thank you for your interest in OIC, Inc.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 to $40,000.00 /year
- Marketing, Public Relations, or Sales: 2 years (Preferred)