We believe being healthy should not require tradeoffs. SCN BestCo is a leading innovator, developer and manufacturer of Vitamin, Mineral & Supplement (VMS), Over-the-Counter (OTC) and prebiotics/probiotics in enjoyable forms such as gummies, lozenges and chews. With over 50 years of excellence, our team leads the way in changing how consumers make healthier choices. With unique food science expertise and proprietary processes, we’ve pioneered many firsts. The fire in our belly to create new to the world products has guided and continues to be core to our mission of making health and wellness more enjoyable. Come join us and become a part of our winning formula!
The Senior Process Engineer improves production process output and product quality while managing the day-to-day production of multiple processes and manufacturing/packaging equipment. The Senior Process Engineer works closely with multiple departments including production, warehouse, quality, and maintenance to ensure consistent, high quality, and cost-effective production. This position leads continuous improvement projects and is a production area expert.
Estimated starting annual base salary is $118,809.60 - $178,214.40, less applicable withholdings and deductions, paid on a bi-weekly basis. Please note that the actual compensation offered may vary based on relevant factors as determined by the Company, which may include, but is not limited to, location, experience, qualifications, education, skillset, and market conditions. The target base compensation for this role is in the low to middle of the range, with the top of the range reserved for only exceptional circumstances. In addition, this role is eligible for a discretionary, variable annual incentive, paid based on Company performance factors. SCN BestCo offers a competitive benefits package to eligible full-time employees, which currently includes medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with employer matching contributions, life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more, as well as paid sick leave in accordance with applicable law. Each benefit is subject to eligibility requirements as specified in plan documents, and the Company reserves the right to modify the benefits it offers from time to time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, organize, and direct the engineering work of sections of the facility (moguls, packaging).
- Analyze production data and use statistical analysis to guide improvements.
- Assist in the preparation and administration of the budget.
- Inspect work in progress and on completion and make recommendations with engineering justification.
- Work independently to identify areas of improvement and execute plans and project teams.
- Develop engineering programs and workflows.
- Supervise the preparation of, or personally prepare, written studies or reports on engineering matters and strategic plans for future development.
- Prepare annual budget estimate of the division, compiling necessary data, such as man-hour, material, and construction costs per project.
- Lead and mentor other engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Chemical, or Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- 4 years of manufacturing, process, continuous improvement engineer or related field.
- Strong communication, teamwork, and independent decision-making skills.
- Expert in Microsoft Office including Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Expert in AutoCAD (2D design).
- Expert in principles and practices of engineering and manufacturing.
- Master’s degree in Engineering or related field.
- Professional Engineering License in Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- Six Sigma, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) and/or Lean Manufacturing certification.
- Project Management certification (PMP, etc.).
- Knowledge of FDA Regulations, failure investigation principles and/or statistical principles and analysis.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities