Are you looking for a company that cares about people’s lives and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day. We’re currently looking for a Manager of Internal Audit to join us in our Center Valley, PA office.
Let’s inspire healthier lives, together.
Consistent with its mission, Internal Audit provides independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve the company’s operations. The Internal Audit activity helps the company accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes. The Manager, Internal Audit is responsible for planning, executing and reporting on operational, financial, and compliance related audits covering the America’s region as well as provide advice on internal control to management. The Manager, Internal Audit is also responsible for providing supervision, training, coaching and mentoring to the Internal Audit Seniors and Staff.
As an Internal Audit Manager working on the Internal Audit team, you will be empowered and inspired to do your best work. You will contribute to our mission by providing independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the organization's operations. Internal Audit will help the organization accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic approach to evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. In a typical day, you will:
- Develop and manage the execution of audit programs for audits/projects of all levels of complexity.
- Draft audit reports, develop audit recommendations to address identified audit issues, and obtain agreement from those audited on the recommendations and corrective actions with minimal supervision.
- Manage follow up activity of audit issues, including status updates and remediation testing.
- Serve as active member of business work groups and cross-functional teams who are tasked with revamping business processes.
- Review applicable policies and SOPs.
- Prepare and present audit reporting to Olympus leadership.
- Review clear and concise audit documentation to support conclusions and work performed, including drafting findings and recommendations for improvement in selected areas within the organization.
- Assist in the development of the annual risk assessment and audit plan.
- Provide counsel on internal controls to those audited and promotes awareness and accountability for adequate and effective controls throughout the organization.
- Conduct special studies (e. g., data mining) to assist management to detect unusual trends, conduct investigations, and establish procedures for fraud prevention.
- Liaise with Olympus Tokyo representatives to provide insight into OCA procedures, and help to standardize processes globally.
- Plan and allocate resources and individuals in accordance with skills and schedules.
- Oversee the identification and assignment of people into the company’s Guest Audit program.
- Complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision, and assists in coaching of subordinates to deliver quality work product, adding value to the department and company.
- Recruit qualified applicants and serve as functional supervisor to senior and staff level auditors.
- Formulate professional development and educational plans for staff members.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree (accounting, business or finance preferred) or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 8 years of professional experience in auditing, or operations involving inventory and finance with a large corporation and/or public accounting firm, preferably with healthcare industry experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Ability to travel domestically, approximately 30%.
- CPA, CIA, CFE, or CISA is highly preferred.
- Experience in the development and application of risk-based auditing standards and industry best practices specific to the Medical Device Industry.
- Familiarity with Healthcare Compliance policies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to apply these skills at appropriate levels of the organization and behave persuasively with key stakeholders.
- Detail oriented and sense of confidentiality.
- PC literate (word, excel, familiarity with ERP systems, SAP a plus).
- Demonstrates good judgement and follows organizational and professional ethical standards.
- Works independently and is also able to lead teams.
- An analytical thinker who employs logic and persuasion to influence with diplomacy and tact.
- Work style - proactive, innovative, collegial team player who can absorb and integrate ideas from diverse views, create partnerships and collaborate with others.
- Ability to lead audits and manage staff to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality; effective project management skills to juggle multiple assignments at the same time.
- Comprehensive knowledge of internal auditing practices, procedures, and principles, that in line with International Auditing Standards.
- Willingness to learn and work in a changing environment.
- Comfortable with data and technology, including collecting, analyzing (performing data extraction if necessary), and testing controls for effectiveness.
We realize work isn’t just a job to you.
It’s a big part of your life, but not the only part. That’s why we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks — so you can be ready for where life can take you.
Work LocationHeadquarters OCA
Auto req ID4869BR
Olympus America Inc
At Olympus, we put a lot of good back into the world, and what we do really matters. We are committed to making people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling every day by crafting innovative optical and digital solutions in medical technologies, microscopy, industrial solutions, cameras, and audio recorders.
We view our relationship with and commitment to our employees with the same passion. Everything we do at Olympus is a reflection of our vision, and everyone here helps to make it a reality. We’re invested in our employees, great ideas, and how they impact the communities around us. We see the world through multiple lenses and come together to find the right answers; the best solutions.
TRUE TO YOU. TRUE TO SOCIETY. TRUE TO LIFE.
Olympus America Inc
Olympus embraces diversity and inclusion. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policies as well as our values prohibit unlawful discrimination based on an employee's or applicant's race, color, sex, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, genetic information, ancestry, military or veteran status, or any other federal, state or local protected classification. EOE Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled