Location: Chantilly, VA US
Job Category: Information Technology
Minimum Clearance: Secret
Join CACI as a Test Automation Engineer supporting financial management applications that help our Department of Defense customers plan and budget resources to support our country. We have been supporting our customers for over 20 years with 5 applications across 6 different clients. We continue to develop and implement exciting and complex solutions to support the evolving needs of our customers. We are looking for an eager and motivated self-starter to join our Scrum Team as a .NET test automation developer. As an automated tester, you will conduct research into automated testing techniques and utilize automated testing tools to develop and maintain reusable automated tests. You will work closely with senior development leads and technical architects for technical mentoring and guidance. You will be expected to collaborate closely with all members of the scrum team to understand the functionality being developed and the technical design of the implementation in order to properly design and develop accurate, high-quality automated tests. This role requires strong analytic skills with interest in learning software development and coding. You must be able to work collaboratively with our project team in an Agile environment, following agile processes, and remain flexible to changes in a fast-paced environment. This position is a great opportunity for a motivated, self-starter who enjoys interacting with people and has a desire to take on greater knowledge and responsibility within an Agile environment. Your contributions will directly impact the success of the customers' mission, our team, and ultimately CACI!
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Create automated tests (coded in C#) for existing functionality and enhancements in .NET web applications.
- Serve as an integral member of a close-knit software development team under the management of a Development Lead.
- Stay current with cutting-edge technologies to identify the best practices for creating automated tests.
- Work on all aspects of automated tests, from user-interface to back end scripting.
- Possess a good understanding of business applications.
- Work with the team to understand and resolve software problems with automated tests and responds to suggestions for modifications or enhancements.
- Fully prepare test environments with necessary configurations and data in advance of testing.
- Work with senior technical leads to identify a plan for creating reusable test data/environments.
- Executes automated test scripts, reports findings, and creates applicable defects
- Creation of automated tests in support of applications built on a .NET 4.5/5.0 and SQL Server 2012 platform.
- Develop automated tests includes working closely with the functional team to review and evaluate test scenarios and collaborating with the technical team to identify the proper approach to automate tests within the development environment.
- Follow the software development life cycle for each automated test development task following the Agile Scrum methodology by brainstorming the technical approach, developing automated test code, and unit testing according to the development schedule and team processes.
- Participate in backlog grooming, estimation, and other Agile Scrum ceremonies.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- There is no clearance requirement to begin employment. However, as a requirement of continued employment in this position you will be required to obtain a Secret clearance.
- Bachelor's degree (in Computer Information Science or related field) with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Zero to two years of related experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Desire to work in an Agile environment.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Experience with testing web applications.
- Experience with web development.
- Experience with MVC.
- Experience with object-oriented concepts.
- Experience with relational databases.
- Experience with creating test automation scripts, especially using the Selenium Automated Testing tool.
- Experience with UI design and web usability concepts.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
Job Type: Full-time
- Web Development: 2 years (Preferred)
- UI design and web usability concepts: 2 years (Preferred)
- MVC: 2 years (Preferred)
- Selenium Automated Testing Tools: 2 years (Preferred)
- Secret Security Clearance (Preferred)