Position: Acquisition SME
Garud Technology Services, Inc. (GTS) is in search of a motivated, self-driven Acquisition SME. Applicants must have a passion for their work, be innovative, and possess strong verbal and written communication and analytic skills. Under the guidance of the Task Order Manager, the Acquisition SME participates in procurement efforts that support the client’s programs.
The Acquisition SME will support the client’s procurement needs, from conception of the requirement, through award, to post-award management.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Meet and interact with Government personnel and client representatives in accordance with the terms and conditions of the task order
- Provide clear leadership, technical direction, and guidance to all task order personnel, communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with task order personnel and senior management, and organize, direct, and coordinate execution of task order activities within negotiated time frames
- Ensure submittal of task order deliverables in accordance with the contract with the ability to read and interpret federal acquisition policy, regulations, and directives and to apply those interpretations fully and legally to required deliverables
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities - Required
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field of study with at least 15 years of experience (or Master’s degree with at least 10 years of experience) within the field required including initiating, planning, developing, executing/managing, monitoring, controlling, and closing large-scale programs, including service delivery contracts and mission critical programs and directly supporting complex federal government acquisition programs/projects
- Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP), Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA), or Federal Acquisition Certification for Program and Project Managers (FAC- P/PM) certification Level III
- Experience and subject matter expertise in Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)
- Current or previous experience as Warranted Contract Officer is required.
- Experience and subject matter expertise in Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) regulations and policies, including Homeland Security Acquisition Regulation (HSAR) and Homeland Security Acquisition Manual (HSAM), with ability to evaluate all official contract file documentation to determine the incorporation of meeting the FAR standard and agency standards towards effecting “sound business judgment”
- Prosses a high-level of emotional intelligence to ensure successful integration and team oriented dynamic
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Security Clearance
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities - Preferred
- Master's Degree in relevant field of study
- Previous Contracting Officer or Contracting Officer’s Representative Experience
- Ability to determine if the Contract's procurement is in compliance with the FAR, U.S. Department of Homeland Security and FEMA acquisition and procurement policies.
- Ability to evaluate all official contract file documentation to determine the incorporation of meeting the FAR standard and agency standards towards effecting “sound business judgment.
- Experience using PRISM, or contracting writing system
- Work to be performed at client site in Washington, DC, near L’Enfant Plaza, or at GTS offices nearby.
Citizenship and Security Clearance Requirements
- Ability to obtain & maintain a Public Trust Security Clearance.
- Immediately - This is a Full-Time, funded position.
- Will be commensurate with experience. GTS has highly competitive benefits, excellent development opportunities and a great working environment. For more information on benefits follow the link: https://www.garudtechnology.com/work-with-us/careers/
Garud Technology Services, Inc. (GTS), is a Maryland-based, Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB), and a highly-specialized provider of Technical and Professional services to organizations with demanding requirements. Our portfolio of customers includes the Department of Defense (DoD), Department of Education (ED), Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Department of Transportation (DOT) and federal, state and local authorities tasked with developing and fielding cutting-edge technologies. Our team includes engineers, scientists and Subject Mater Experts with hard-to-find experience and qualifications, and we apply industry accepted quality processes that include CMMI-DEV (Level II Appraised) and ISO-9001:2015 & 14001:2015 (Certified). Learn more about GTS at www.garudtechnology.com.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $110,000.00 - $135,000.00 per year
- Federal Warranted Contracting Officer: 1 year (Required)
- Government Acquisition: 10 years (Required)
- Washington, DC 20024 (Required)
- Public Trust Clearance (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment