Transmission & Distribution Designer - (155743)
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR Engineering is looking for a Transmission & Distribution CAD Designer to join our growing and nationally ranked team of Power Delivery professionals in our Denver, CO office.
The primary duties of the Transmission & Distribution CAD Designer will include: field surveys/data gathering, computer-aided drafting work, PLS-CADD Design, and the preparation of plans, designs, and specifications. Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Gain an understanding of overhead and underground transmission and distribution facilities,
- Perform field work to aid in design of new overhead or underground transmission and distribution facilities,
- Develop plans, specifications, and cost estimates for the installation, maintenance, repairs, and the expansion of transmission and distribution facilities,
- Use provided standards, documentation, and analysis tools to aid in design and create high quality deliverables,
- Interact with clients, customers, and HDR engineering staff,
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- 2 year associate or technical school degree or combination of education and relevant experience.
- 0+ years of work experience.
- Proficiency in use of computer-aided design software (AutoCAD and/or Micro Station).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Up to 50% travel time within Colorado.
- Ability to perform field work in inclement weather and strenuous terrain.
- Candidate should be able to display attention to detail and good organizational skills.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture.
- 1-2 years of experience working with electric utility type drawings and standards,
- PLS-CADD design experience,
- General surveying experience,
- Local candidates are preferred.
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
Sep 17, 2019