Process various student and faculty reimbursement requests to include food and mileage
Prepare requisitions or other transaction documents for accuracy, completeness and compliance with pertinent university or sponsor regulations.
Determine if funds are available for expenditures or requisitions and post to proper sponsored project account.
Monitor fund/account balances and notify appropriate personnel when limits are reached.
Reconcile and report purchasing card transactions according to department procedures.
Create and submit business paperwork for expenses.
Manage purchasing requests and payment reconciliations, review travel expenses and travel reimbursements.
Days and Schedule
- Purchase materials & supplies and equipment for the department.
- Manage financial documents and transactions for travel authorizations requests, maintain log of outstanding receipts.
- Follow up on missing invoices and supporting documentation.
- Assist with managing the admission tasks for the MS ABA graduate program.
- Respond to prospective student emails about the admissions process including cases where application documents might be missing and cases where students have contacted the wrong graduate program.
- Provide administrative support, arrange travel, assist with events
- Process student reimbursements including food, lodging, schedules, budget, invitations, travel reimbursements
- Manage the Excel spreadsheet for all applicants.
- Coordinate/schedule interviews of qualified students.
- Send acceptance letters and “no thank you” letters to applicants.
- Create reports and enter data.
- Manage SONA Research Participation website
- Enter transactions for travel authorization requests in Concur. Review travel expenses and assist with travel reimbursements.
- Order supplies in Sunrise and processes receivers.
: Monday - Friday, 8:00A.M. - 5:00P.M.
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND three (3) years of related experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience in advising Undergraduate or Graduate students.
- Experience working in Higher Education.
- Experience using Salesforce.
- Experience using Slideroom.
- Experience usinge ASU Concur Travel.
- Experience using Advantage and Sunrise.
- Experience with purchasing cards, reimbursements and requisitions.
- Advanced skill with Microsoft office suite including MS Access.
- Demonstrated knowledge of institutional travel policies and procedures
- Demonstrated knowledge of institutional financial policies and procedures
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping practices and principles.
- Experience in maintaining and reconciling accounting and financial records.
- Evidence of effective verbal and written communication.
- Experience with Advantage and Sunrise system
- Experience with purchasing cards, reimbursements and requisitions.
- Experience working with a university procurement office.
- Experience in work that requires organization
- Experience in critical thinking and problem solving.
- Experience in a customer service background.
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding, and manipulating a computer mouse (75%); required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work (10%)
- Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds (15%)
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally, read, write, see and hear to perform essential functions.
- Regular use of standard office equipment including, but not limited to: computer workstation/laptop (keyboard, monitor, mouse), printer, fax, calculator, copier, telephone and associated computer/technology peripherals.
The Department of Psychology is among the largest and most popular departments on the ASU Tempe campus. Our mission is to create an environment that prepares undergraduates to take their place in the world, more effective for what they have learned with us; graduates to conduct innovative psychological research and pursue careers that use those skills to the benefit of their community; and faculty to grow in expertise both in teaching and scholarship.
Six basic areas of Graduate specialization form the core of our department: Behavioral Neuroscience, Clinical Psychology, Cognitive Science, Developmental Psychology, Quantitative Psychology, and Social Psychology.
Interactions among faculty and students across these areas are central to a variety of ongoing research and educational programs in the department. Faculty and students are also actively involved with a number of other centers, institutes, and research groups on campus that promote trans disciplinary approaches to issues of local and national significance, affording outstanding research and training experiences that extend beyond traditional disciplinary boundaries.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 90,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.