United States Postal Service
External Publication for Job Posting 10275851
If this job requires qualification on an examination, the number of applicants who will be invited to take or retake the
examination may be limited.
Job Posting Period
02/13/2019 - 02/21/2019
POSTMASTER RELIEF (PTPO) - 6 HR
100 FRONT ST
TANANA, AK 99777-9800
CONTACT INFORMATION: 907-261-5461, JACQUELYN.X.STARKS@USPS.GOV
Title: POSTMASTER RELIEF (PTPO) – 6 HR
Grade: L – 55
FLSA Designation: Non-Exempt
Occupation Code: 2305-0148
Non-Scheduled Days: Varies
PMRs will work up to 6 days per week to serve customers at a public window open for 6 hours per day.
This is a non-career position. Benefits include the accrual of paid time off (leave) at the rate of 1 hour for every 20 hours in
which an employee is in a pay status in each pay period. PMRs are immediately eligible to enroll in the USPS Health Benefits
Plan with a Postal Service premium contribution. After one year of service without a break in service of more than 5 days,
eligible for: health insurance under the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program (FEHB); dental and vision insurance
through FEDVIP; flexible spending accounts through FSAFEDS and long-term care insurance through the Federal Long
Term Care Insurance Program (FLTCIP). May receive Wounded Warrior leave provided eligibility criteria are met.
SALARY RANGE: $12.81 $12.81 PER HOUR PLUS 28.02% AK TCOLA
FINANCE NUMBER: 28775
Persons Eligible to Apply
All U.S. Citizens, permanent resident aliens, citizens of American Samoa or any other territory owing allegiance to the United
States. Applicants must be available for screening activities, including an interview. Applicants entitled to veterans’
preference and/or covered by the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act may apply for any posted position.
Applicants must apply online at www.usps.com/employment to be considered for this employment opportunity. You must
have a valid email address to apply as communication regarding employment opportunities, examinations, interviews and
background checks will be conveyed by email. Please add the following email domain addresses to your contact list to allow
all correspondences to be received.
@usps.gov @geninfo.com @uspis.gov
NOTICE SCREENINGS REQUESTED: You may receive multiple requests for background checks in regards to this
employment opportunity. Respond to all requests quickly as we anticipate filling our vacancies quickly and nonresponses
may result in disqualification for this opportunity.
Current non-career Postal Service employees who wish to apply for this vacancy must go to usps.com/employment and use
your existing eCareer Profile to apply. Do not log into LiteBlue; if you logged into LiteBlue, log out and close your browser
before going to usps.com/employment.
Provides window, box, and general delivery service for a Part-Time Post Office (PTPO). May provide supervision for city,
rural and/or highway contract route service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Operates a single unit postal facility providing limited window services, mail distribution, and dispatches. Opens and
closes the facility according to established procedures.
2. Adheres to approved programs and operates within established postal rules, laws and regulations. Resolves problems
that may occur during operations and escalates issues to Manager, Post Office Operations, when appropriate.
3. Ensures that proper safeguards are instituted for the welfare of customers and the protection of the mail.
4. Maintains files and records. Submits reports as assigned.
5. Answers questions, provides guidance, and has regular contact with Postal customers.
6. Exercises protective care of accountable paper, monies, product inventory, schedules, and office supplies in accordance
to Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) guidelines.
7. May submit and monitor an operating budget.
8. May select and train an alternate to provide continuous supervision and operation of the office.
9. Provides for limited city, rural and/or highway contract route delivery service to local customers.
10. Exercises a normal regard for the safety of self and others.
11. May supervise one or more employees.
Manager, Post Office Operations.
The United States Postal Service has the following excellent and challenging employment opportunity for highly motivated
and innovative individuals. Successful candidates must demonstrate through a combination of education, training, and
experience the following requirements:
1. Decision Making/Problem Solving. Ability to carry out operational plans and procedures within the framework of policy.
Ability to obtain and interpret relevant facts; analyze problems, complaints, and suggestions and take appropriate action or
escalate, when necessary, to the Manager, Post Office Operations.
2. Safety and Health. Knowledge of safety procedures needed to ensure that safe working conditions are maintained.
Knowledge of procedures and techniques established to avoid injuries to self, employees (if applicable), and customers.
Knowledge of normal accident prevention measures and emergency procedures.
3. Customer and Community Relations. Ability to conduct operations in an attitude of responsive service to customers. Ability
to present a favorable Postal Service image to the community. Ability to comprehend and communicate information, both
orally and in writing. Knowledge of operating procedures and standards, postal rates and classes, and commonly
encountered customer needs. Ability to sell ideas, positions, and recommendations to others. Ability to interact tactfully and
relate well with others.
4. Planning and Scheduling of Work. Ability to plan operations over appropriate time periods, taking into account variations in
workload and available resources. Ability to adjust work activities and schedules to meet emergency operations.
Qualified applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening to meet the U.S. Postal Service's requirement
to be drug free. Applicants must also be a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident alien status.
Applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m., Central Time, of the posting's closing date. Applicants claiming veterans'
preference must attach a copy of member copy 4 (only) of Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form
214) or other proof of eligibility if claiming 10-point veterans' preference. The United States Postal Service (USPS) is an
equal opportunity employer. The USPS provides reasonable accommodation for any part of the application, interview, and/or
selection process, please make your request to the examiner, selecting official or local manager of Human Resources. This
request can also be made by someone on your behalf. Explain the nature of your limitations and the accommodation
needed. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.
SPECIAL NOTE: Current career Postal Service employees are ineligible to apply to this posting.