Are you looking for a flexible, hourly job where you can make people smile? If so, Boston Market may be the place for you! We are searching for outgoing and friendly individuals who love interacting with customers to join our team. Previous experience in a restaurant is helpful but not necessary. We'll train you to prepare, serve or deliver home-style meals the Boston Market way. We have jobs available for all hourly positions including: Servers, Cashiers, Carvers, Drive Thru and more. No late shifts, no early morning shifts! Our mission is to create awesome and great tasting food that is served by friendly people. If you have waitress or waiter experience, come try our server or cashier positions; your awesome customer service skills will be used on a daily basis. If you are a cook or aspiring chef, come try our carver or back up roles; your culinary skills will be put to the test on a daily basis. From Backup to Carver to Cashier, our crew members take pride in providing excellent food and outstanding service. Apply for a job at Boston Market and join our fun and exciting hourly team today!
ALL CREW MEMBER POSITIONS HAVE THE FOLLOWING IN COMMON:
REQUIRED PERSONAL QUALITIES ARE:
- Reliable and Honest. Being truthful and honest with others. Arrives to work on time in the appropriate uniform, or notifying the manager ahead of time; consistently follows company policies and procedures.
- Productive: Works hard regardless of the task and finishing whatever has been started; works at a fast pace to ensure guest demands are met; effectively juggles multiple tasks.
- Friendly and Enthusiastic: Attentive and upbeat; communicates with guests and co-workers in a friendly outgoing fashion.
- Service Minded: Performs services for others in a friendly, accommodating, and attentive manner; explains the concept in ways which appeal to new guests.
- Teamwork: Willing to pitch in with enthusiasm to help team member’s better serve guests; treats all team members with courtesy and respect.
- Warmly greets guests as they arrive in the restaurant.
- Distributes paper menus to guests upon greeting.
- Offers samples to guests waiting in line.
- Assists guests in selecting purchases.
- Visually recognizes and maintains product quality.
- Maintains “clean as you go methods” and organized work area to avoid accidents and maintain standards.
- Keeps beverage machines full of ice and refills lemonade machine.
- Restocks napkins, drink lids, straws, etc. in dining area as needed.
- Maintains dining room cleanliness: clears trays, wipes tables, empties and sanitizes trash cans and sweeps floors as needed.
- Organizes and maintains cleaning supplies and chemicals.
- Completes opening and closing procedures: cleans windows, trays, table legs, and front of hot and cold cases.
- Demonstrates all safety, production, and sanitation standards at all times.
- Performs other duties as required and assigned.
- Works additional hours as needed.
- Stand and walk on hard-surface floors for entire shift, up to 8 hours, not including breaks.
- Firmly grasp utensils (including knives) and tools (including mops, brooms etc.).
- Tolerate temperature extremes (hot and cold) in working in-walk-in and around ovens and sinks.
- Repetitively lift up to 25-lb boxes to maintain walk-in cleanliness, to rotate stock and to store product.
- Bend, reach, and stoop to clean area, prepare orders, and retrieve products.
- Reach overhead and lift buckets of ice and lemonade that weigh approximately 15 pounds to fill beverage machines.
Job Type: Part-time
Required work authorization: