The Lockheed Martin Chelmsford, MA facility is seeking it's next enthusiastic and motivated engineer to join our growing team and take on an exciting position as a Test Engineer supporting the multifaceted test consoles designed, built and maintained at the Chelmsford facility. As a Test Engineer your mission will be to support architecting new test stands to design or system requirements, designing test solutions, developing algorithms and techniques, and supporting complex digital, RF, and/or microwave custom automated test equipment (ATE) systems. Test Engineering is vital to the Chelmsford operation as we ensure that we are consistently producing reliable products that meet our customer(s) requirements. Lockheed Chelmsford offers an excellent working environment with a mix of cutting edge design, genuine hands on production and laboratory testing as well as product development. We offer unique exposure to the complete design lifecycle from product design to complete production sell off.
Successful candidates for this role will have solid collaboration skills. An interest and/or academic experience with troubleshooting and debugging is required.
We offer a continuous learning environment with strong career growth and advancement opportunities.
Applicants selected will be subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Chelmsford is a charming suburb of Boston located about 25 miles northwest of the city. Chelmsford is very close to historic Lowell Massachusetts and to Nashua, New Hampshire. Chelmsford is within reach of New Hampshire’s White Mountains and awesome ski areas to the north, and the scenic coastal towns of MA and NH are about an hour east. This scenic colonial region offers lots of New England charm, great schools, shopping, and restaurants. Chelmsford and the region share an impressive past from the early days after the pilgrims arrived in Plymouth to the revolutionary war. Where can you get to from Chelmsford? Chelmsford is about 90 minutes from Cape Cod. Boston is about 30 minutes to the east without traffic. New York City is about 4.5 hours away from Chelmsford. Waterville Valley and other major ski resorts of New Hampshire and Vermont are about 2 to 3 hours to the north. It should be noted that Chelmsford, Massachusetts is approximately 35 miles northwest of the Boston metropolitan area and offers better access to a wide range of substantially more affordable regions in the area to live. Those regions include Northeastern and North Central Massachusetts, and Southern, New Hampshire.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline – Electrical, Computer, Computer Science or related field of study. This is an entry level position.
- Relevant coursework and/or experience in writing, editing and modifying existing software.
- Experience using Microsoft Office products to generate status reports, project plans, work instructions, etc.
- Candidate must be able to obtain a secret security clearance and must be able to obtain least an interim secret clearance prior to start.
- Relevant coursework and/or experience with electrical parameter measurements typically required for components and subassemblies.
- Familiarity with National Instruments LabVIEW or Test Stand development environments.
- Relevant coursework and/or experience researching and specifying components for test equipment design.
- Relevant coursework and/or experience troubleshooting measurement issues and isolating problems down to the test instrument, fixturing, software level or unit under test.
- Experience generating assembly and block diagram sketches, parts lists and other types of engineering documentation.
- Familiarity deriving test requirements from design or system level requirements.
- Familiarity reading, understanding and potentially writing change orders to; assembly drawings and parts lists for test equipment and systems.
- Familiarity preparing charts and giving presentations to peers and next level managers.
- Experience in effectively working in team environment and managing your own workload that may consist of several tasks at once.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Relevant coursework and/or experience in analyzing and resolving problems.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
4 yr and up College