The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to think big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Are you looking to use your administrative experience to take your career to the next level? Do you love being a go-to person in a collaborative team environment? Are you an enthusiastic self-starter who can take initiative? If you can multi-task and thrive in a busy office, this could be the opportunity for you. Join our Mission Solutions team. We are seeking an expert Senior Administrative Assistant to report to and support the Mission Solutions Advanced Program Development (ADP) Directors as well as our site needs for Herndon, Virginia.
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate the ability to work effectively displaying optimum flexibility with tasks and schedules.
In this dynamic position, you will:
- Partner as a team member with other administrative assistants in an executive environment to achieve business goals, working overtime as required
- Demonstrate your technical and software experience to accurately compile and generate reports, tables, correspondence and presentations ensuring accuracy, completeness and timely submission.
- Manage appointments and travel calendars to include working all logistical details of meeting coordination and collaborating with corporate, senior executives, customers, vendors and outside community agencies.
- Coordinate travel and complete expense reports.
- Successfully schedule internal and external meetings, phone conferences & net meetings.
- Coordinate voice mail/e-mail and takes appropriate action; follow-up to closure and provide status
- Screen sensitive emails for items requiring immediate action/response including but not limited to the appropriate handling of special legal documents
- Receive and handle phone calls and other requests with appropriate discretion and make proper referrals when appropriate
- Reconcile company credit card statements, monitor payments and follow-through to completion
- Provide professional level support for Lockheed Martin initiatives & programs.
- Successfully organize and plan special events as requested
- Demonstrate meticulous attention to details
- Display the ability to perform tasks for Executive staff
- Be able to consistently adhere to the highest standards of ethics and professional conduct
This position may require occasional travel. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
- Have a minimum of 3 years of previous successful executive level administrative experience
- Demonstrate advanced computer skills/proficiency with MS Office Suite: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Skype, Live Meeting and/or other Video Conferencing tools
- Proficiency in handling schedules, and monitoring calendar for conflict resolution for meetings and events while recognizing critical prioritizations
- US Citizenship required with active TS/SCI with Poly SP required prior to start.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate professionalism, good judgment, discretion, and high degree of confidentiality and executive presence
- Display multi-tasking capabilities to handle multiple assignments simultaneously, often under deadline pressure
- Be a self-starter possessing excellent organizational skills, attentive to detail, and professional demeanor
- Demonstrate organizational and problem solving skills using initiative and discretion;
- Have the desire and ability to collaborate with outside consultants, customers, and corporate executives as needed
- Have proficiency with Concur travel, expense, reconciliation, and reporting.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.