Part or full time position in a multi-disciplinary wellness facility regarding implementation and coordination of Clinical Psychology services for children and adolescents identified with or suspected of having disabilities that interfere with their ability to function. Overall responsibilities include assessment and treatment of mental illness through a combination of assessments and treatment plans.
- Works in collaboration with multi-disciplinary team to perform clinical assessments and develop treatment plans. The team includes mental health therapists, psychiatrists, psychologists, chiropractors, acupuncturists, and massage therapists.
- Gathers and maintains patient information and health history,
- Conducts assessments, evaluations, interviews, and observations,
- Analyzes and evaluates patient data and findings and diagnoses nature and condition of mental disorder,
- Offers psychotherapy to patients,
- Prepares and maintains confidential records and reports,
- Advises families on condition and treatment,
- Participates in workshops sponsored by the center,
- Refers clients to community resources or specialists as necessary,
- Evaluates effectiveness of client’s progress,
- Learns new developments in the fields of study through professional literature, attending courses, and maintaining contact with other social service agencies,
Positions available at The Wellness Connection facility in Stone Ridge, VA and Ashburn, VA locations. Spacious, climate-controlled, modern, luxurious offices will be provided upon appointments. The facility will house varied therapies concurrently in separate, sound-proof, private offices, while conducting group yoga and Pilates classes in a separate fitness section. Facility work hours are Monday-Friday 8am to 8pm, and Saturday 8am-5pm; however, individual schedules may vary. Individual responsibilities are mostly limited to providing clients outstanding, satisfactory services. Additionally, contributing to the corporate culture and activities are expected. The atmosphere is positive, encouraging, and teamwork oriented.
Upon hire the Psychiatrist must:
- Hold PhD degree from an accredited school,
- Concentration in treating children and/or adolescents,
- Have comprehensive liability insurance,
- Licensed to practice in VA,
- Be able to establish empathy and a person-centered approach to clients,
- Have the ability to recognize own limitations and respond to difficult situations,
- Have the ability to apply academic and research knowledge to clinical problems,
- Critically and analytically work in a self-motivated and independent way,
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact with team members as well as clients,
- Have a strong dedication of wellness lifestyle,
- We will also consider CV’s for residents working towards licensure.
Please visit our website:
Job Type: Contract
Relocation Assistance Provided: