Position Summary: To process company invoices in a timely manner according to established written policies and procedures to insure meeting vendor's terms and maintaining a credit standing in the business environment. Support all electronic interfaces, subsystems and payment processes that require a higher level of understanding and experience within the AP department.
1. Review submitted paper invoices received daily from internal SSC departments, Retail Field Operations, Culinary Center, Distribution Center, store door delivery vendors, and taxing authorities.
2. Ensure paper invoices are prepared according to Accounting guidelines for GL distribution, signature authority, and vendor detailed documentation.
3. Ensure accurate processing of invoices in Company systems including entry, validation, batch cross-validation, and vendor invoice interfaces.
4. Back-up the daily payment processes for the AP Supervisor which includes: secure printing, creating and sending payment and positive-pay files to the Bank and obtaining secondary signatures for checks over $50k.
5. Process and reconcile Purchase Order invoices created through the Purchasing module in Oracle and utilized by the Construction department.
6. Review checks daily or weekly for either internal distribution or external mailing.
7. Assist AP/Finance management in project related planning and participate in inter and cross functional meetings as required.
8. Handle vendor inquiries in a professional manner regarding payment or procedural issues which could involve email, phone or in-person communication.
9. Maintain an active and ongoing relationship with internal Cumberland departments, retail locations and field offices to ensure accurate processing of invoices and to ensure AP/vendor protocols are complied with.
Working Relationships: Strong daily interactions with Marketing, Distribution Center, Retail Accounting, General Ledger, IT and internal BSC departments.
Minimum Education: HS Diploma
Preferred Education: Business/Accounting Bachelor’s degree
Minimum Experience: 3-5 years in Accounts Payable, Bookkeeping or Accounting role
Preferred Experience: 3-5 years in high volume Disbursement function
Strong data entry skills
Experience with ERP financial platform and reporting tools
Writing and documentation
Soft Skills: Person must be comfortable dealing with all levels of the organizations and all business units and communicating verbally and/or through email. Person must display a confident and professional manner and be able to articulate ideas within their work group. Must be a self-starter that can handle leadership/management responsibilities when asked. Person could be asked to be part of a group presentation or presenting as a sole contributor. Key work attributes would include; responsive, independent, creative, desire to learn in-depth, conscientious, detail-oriented, problem-solver, dependable, analytical, and comfortable and proficient with PC applications
Driving/Fleet Vehicle Requirement: No
Hours & Conditions: 40 hours Monday through Friday