HCA Solutions is currently seeking qualified candidates to serve West Virginia's veterans as Registered Nurses at the West Virginia Veteran's Nursing Facility in Clarksburg, WV. All shifts available. All shifts worked 8 hours or more will include a 30-minute lunch break and two 15-minute breaks.
The Registered Nurse (RN) provides professional, comprehensive nursing care for patients in an acute care environment. Accountable for the delivery of coordinated, safe, compassionate, therapeutic, evidence-based quality care to patients and families, based on individual physical, emotional, and spiritual needs, and appropriate care strategies throughout the lifespan. Practices in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act in the state of employment, the American Nurses Association (ANA) Code of Ethics for Nurses, and the ANA scope and standards of practice.
Duties of the Registered Nurse (RN):
- Assesses, identifies appropriate nursing diagnoses, plans, implements and evaluates patients’ care
- Effectively advocates for ethical and holistic care by partnering in care planning to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we serve
- Fosters a learning environment for patient/families, nursing, and other members of the healthcare team including students; facilitates formal and informal learning for patient/families, nursing, other members of the healthcare team, and community
- Accountable for safety, identifies and corrects problems, and integrates evidence, and best practice into nursing care; uses data and evidence to improve patient outcomes. Aligns patient safety, self-safety and environmental safety as equally important for best outcomes
- Engages in ongoing professional development; practices to the top of license within the legal parameters of the Nurse Practice Act, the Nursing Social Policy Statement, the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses, and specialty standards
- Leads and coordinates teams, appropriately delegates, coordinates care and collaborates with others as equal members of the inter-professional care team to integrate nursing knowledge
- RN's could oversee the work of other RN's, LPN's and/or HSW's, as assigned.
- RN's must participate in Interdisciplinary Care Plan Team Meetings to develop Individualized Care/Treatment Plans, direct consultations, receive and give recommendations to and from other disciplines to maximize care of residents.
- RN's must administer medications as prescribed by treating Physician(s).
- RN's must ensure timely documentation into resident's electronic medical records, per the policies and procedures and common practice of the facility, this will be discussed in extended detail during the facility orientation.
- RN's must oversee all medical related emergencies.
- RN's will provide for the emotional and physical comfort and safety of the residents.
- RN's must respond to inquiries of family members, advocates and other interested parties, ensuring adherence to the State and Federal Confidentiality Laws, and the HIPAA Regulations.
Registered Nurse (RN) minimum qualifications:
- RN's must hold a valid WV Registered Nurse License.
- RN's must be licensed and are in good standing with the West Virginia Board of Nurses.
- RN's must have a current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Card.
- RN's must possess a current and valid Food Handlers Card. All staff will be required to assist with meal pass.
- Current PPD (Tuberculosis Skin Test), within the last year
- Current Physical, within the last year
Job Type: Full-time
- What is your desired pay rate?
- Nursing: 1 year (Required)
- CPR Certification (Required)
- RN License (Required)