Full Job Description
NetTranscripts is looking to work with individuals who have experience relevant to proofreading and correcting draft versions of audio transcriptions.
Prior verbatim transcription or editing experience is required, as well as having done interview transcriptions. We love working with typists that have had experience transcribing or editing for an insurance company, law enforcement agency, courts, or a law office. Medical Transcription experience will also be considered if it includes editing through an all-in-one transcription platform such as InScribe, 3M ChartScript, Winscribe, or similar. You must be computer savvy and able to learn new programs quickly.
You should also be committed to being available for work on a consistent basis. We find those happiest with contracting complete 60+ minutes of work each day Monday through Friday.
All work is completed within our all-in-one transcription platform. Editors will receive a draft of a transcript that has been created by speech-to-text technology, then listen to the corresponding audio while proofreading and correcting the document to ensure it meets accuracy requirements. Typical corrections include correcting speakers who were misidentified, correcting the accuracy of words spoken, punctuation, and formatting.
BENEFITS OF INDEPENDENT CONTRACTING
1. Work on your own schedule
2. Set your own goals for how many hours you want to work.
3. Grow your business at your own pace
4. Have open access to work 24/7
5. Pajamas all day!
THE NITTY GRITTY
1. You must be an American citizen residing in the USA **Note: Due to legislative restrictions, residents of California and Massachusetts are not eligible for this opportunity
2. You must be able to pass a full criminal background
3. English must be your first language
4. You must be able to type 75 WPM
5. You must have stellar grammar skills
6. Be able to produce a transcript that is at least 98% accurate
7. Work on a PC with Microsoft Windows 10, a minimum 8 GB of RAM and a version of Microsoft Office that has Word (you should be very proficient) and Excel (open & view only)
8. Be an effective communicator through email
9. Have or be willing to purchase noise-canceling headphones and an Infinity USB-2 foot pedal
10. Have a high-speed Internet connection (minimum 15Mbps and can effectively stream a YouTube video). You must use Chrome v70+ as your web browser.
11. Be proficient at research on the Internet
12. Be able to meet posted deadlines
13. Be computer savvy; able to learn new programs quickly and independently
1. Submit your resume and application
2. Complete an assessment process to demonstrate your transcription and proofreading skills
3. Start completing work and getting $$$
If you reside in California, Illinois, and Massachusetts you are not eligible for this opportunity.