The Business Analyst serves as a key resource for requirements, design, development, testing, implementation, and support of the Agency. Incumbent has a deep understanding of enterprise solutions and serves as a liaison between clinical and billing operations, information technology, system users, and vendors to meet the operational and technical needs of the Agency. The Business Analyst acts as an internal consultant on issues related to the application and ensures effective systems operations by monitoring applications and providing ongoing user support.
The Business Analyst will report to the Director of Business Systems and will be expected to work independently and as a member of the team; to meet established deadlines, and to remain flexible to the changing needs of the Agency. He/she will regularly interact with a diverse population of staff, including senior management, and with a variety of vendors and will be expected to respond to the needs of customers in an efficient and timely manner and to provide service of the highest quality following established procedures. The incumbent will have regular access to confidential information. The incumbent will also be expected to consistently treat everyone with dignity and respect, to work collaboratively to accomplish goals, to be honest and to take responsibility for his/her actions.
JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for ensuring that business needs are translated into comprehensive requirements, and that new capabilities are successfully implemented.
Researches, reviews, and analyzes the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and processes, and develops strategies for improving or further leveraging these. Leads recommending process improvement options to leadership and business process owners.
Leads, plans, designs, develops, and launches efficient business process flows and functional requirements for all clinical, financial, and operations systems in support of core organizational functions and business processes.
Responsible for the collection, evaluation, understanding, testing, and communication of requirements involved with building and implementation of systems and applications.
Provides ongoing support, including resolution of system issues, root cause analysis of problems, planning, and testing of system upgrades and coordination of the development of enhancements with third party vendors.
Works with software developers and other end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction. Manages escalation procedures and ensures service levels are maintained. Documents, tracks, and monitors problems to ensure timely resolutions are achieved.
Applies communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefit of IT system investments and to assist in implementation of software solutions.
Elicits requirements using interviews, document analyses, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis.
Leads and participates in the deployment of new systems and/or clinical modules, upgrades, fixes and new installations.
Be the primary liaison between the clinical and financial units, technology teams, support teams, and customer community.
Manages requirements traceability information and tracks requirements status throughout projects.
Conducts research on software and hardware products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
Works with business users and technical support to ensure appropriate test scenarios and test cases are documented for quality assurance testing.
May lead and/or participate in the delivery of system and/or application training sessions for end users.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Partners with program staff to leverage data systems to demonstrate accountability and evidence for program outcomes
- Assists program staff to assemble and present performance data in proposals and reports submitted to funders, partners and other internal and external stakeholders;
- Participates in project management process and progress by helping identify project milestones, phases and elements and by tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing progress reports, and recommending actions.
- Prepares technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information needs; and collaborating with program administrators to ensure that reports meet their needs.
- Attends trainings, conferences and workshops as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in computer science, information technology, or related discipline preferred.
Minimum 5 years of related experience in a business process analysis and/or business intelligence capacity, including all aspects of process and data analysis, mapping, and documentation.
Demonstrated ability to analyze problems, identify patterns, and recommend creative solutions to significantly complex problems.
Experience in data analytics and metrics optimization.
Healthcare/Behavioral Health experience preferred.
Experience implementing and supporting Electronic Health Record (EHR) applications preferred.
Prior work in the not-for-profit, social/human services, or related industry is an asset.
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES:
- High proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Project, Visio) with demonstrated ability to quickly learn new software and web-based applications.
- Proficient with Business Intelligence tools (SQL, Power BI, Tableau, Qlik).
- Ability to learn quickly, think logically, and understand abstract relationships.
- Ability to train and support end-users.
- Demonstrated time management and organization skills.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrated analytical skills necessary to make sound recommendations based on data analysis, and business needs, assuring maximum productivity, and continuous process improvement.
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication, analytical skills, high standards of accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to identify and resolve problems, handle all types of client requests, and prioritize short and long-term goals.
- Basic knowledge and ability in the use of project management software, tools, and methodologies.
- Knowledge, understanding, and ability to follow change management processes
- Knowledge of computer operating platforms, applications software, and network software.
- Experience with outcome-based programming, evaluation, and the ability to analyze data to identify trends and variance from established goals is preferred.
- Familiarity with human/behavioral healthcare services desired.
- Must have the ability to interact effectively with a diverse population of staff and vendors and achieve the maximum benefit for internal business constituents when procuring products and services from outside entities.
The position requires intermittent sitting, standing, and the ability to move freely throughout the buildings including using stairs, and the bends, reach, and have visual and hearing acuity and clear speech sufficient to perform the functions of the job effectively. Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and support of on-call schedule as needed. Travel to remote sites is required. Access to a reliable vehicle on a regular basis and current driver's license with no more than 3 points are required.
HR Use Only