Siemens is looking for an experienced professional to support the launch and growth of our new Logistics Regional Customer Service Center (CSC) in Guadalajara, Mexico. The position will be based in the US and will work closely with Smart Infrastructure US Business Units while maintaining a strong linkage & coordination with colleagues in Mexico.
The CSC will initially focus on Order Management & Logistics back-office activities for all business types like Product Solutions, Service and Systems business. Once fully operational, the CSC will support Order Handling, Order to Cash, Procure to Pay process, as well as other customer facing activities, etc. The incumbent will be responsible for driving a culture of continuous improvement to optimize and ensure a sustainable level of performance with focus on process improvement, layout optimization and IT enhancement.
In addition, this person will work closely with the Business Units with their human capital needs:
1. Administering headcount approval plan and recommending timeline changes, if needed.
2. Ensuring seamless onboarding and training plan has been set up for each new hire and that it is executed properly.
3. Monitor effectiveness of new hires, to ensure training program is effective, if not, make recommendations for improvement.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.\
- Coordinate and drive all agreed SI North America BU (BP, EP, RAM / product, solution, service & system business) transitions to Customer Service Center in MX, according to already prepared and agreed POA assessments.
- Manage transition projects from Kick Off to Handover ensuring customer satisfaction (internal & external) along the entire work streams and transition phases.
- Involve appropriate stakeholders on the BU and regional level from the early stages to ensure “buy in”. And set up motivated project teams together with all parties involved to ensure a successful transition.
- Monitor, manage and coordinate transition roadmaps with regular follow up’s on BU level and closely align scope & timeline with SI LOG Headquarters.
- Identify further optimization levers during and after transition to continuously improve performance, cost & quality of our logistics services
- Potential extension of role: Define roadmaps and actions plans to implement those optimization levers towards streamlined and harmonized logistics processes across our SI BU’s
Skills / Qualifications
1. A Bachelor and/or master’s degree in business administration / supply chain management or a comparable business degree.
2. 3-5 years’ experience in project management methodology incl. responsibility in planning, execution & follow up (PM certification is optional).
3. Operational experience in Supply Chain/logistics (esp. O2C and/or P2P process related) operations with an ERP is required, SAP Know How (e.g. Module MM & SD) is a plus.
4. Strong analytical skills, with the ability to quickly build up overall understanding of process landscapes and foster adjustments required in organizational set up.
5. Excellent communication skills and ability to work with different business units and HQ colleagues within various management levels.
6. Strong result orientation (ownership culture) combined with Change Management mindset.
7. Willingness to travel.
8. Bi-Lingual in Spanish is a plus.
- Familiarity with onboarding, training and assessing human capital is a plus.
- Ability to travel 15% - 25% domestically as well as to Mexico and Canada.
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
We offer PTO, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Siemens Industry, Inc.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.