Timberlane Dental Group has an immediate opening for a Receptionist!
The primary function of the receptionist is to greet patients and answer incoming phone calls at the front desk. He/she must provide excellent customer service to our patients as well as work together with all scheduling specialists, on site and at satellites, to ensure the timeliness of patient care. He/She may be responsible for opening/closing the office and maintaining office supplies/machines.
- An Associate’s degree (or equivalent) is preferred (but not required).
- Experience in a dental or medical practice is preferred.
- Knowledge of dental and/or medical terminology is preferred.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Must have ability to multi-task, have excellent phone and keyboarding skills, as well as a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs.
- Must be flexible and have good time-management skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and follow direction and guidance.
- Must work well in a fast paced environment and have the ability to manage difficult patient interactions with appropriate service recovery skills.
- Must possess a pleasant disposition and always show “grace” under pressure.
- Must be a team player and be able to communicate effectively with patients/families/coworkers and doctors even during difficult situations.
- Greets patients upon check-in.
- Assists patients to complete all necessary forms and documentation.
- Update patients in the event of any scheduling delays.
- Works closely with Schedulers to ensure patient is routed to the correct channels.
- Answers phones in a timely manner with limited use of voicemail and transfers calls to the correct department or person within the office.
- Forwards emails from the general mailbox to the correct recipient in regards to scheduling/rescheduling appointments, handling referrals from other dental offices, financial/billing questions, and emergency questions from patients as needed.
- Corrects and updates patient accounts including accurate entry of demographic information and scans new insurance information.
- Sends out appropriate patient letters when necessary.
- Processes all incoming/outgoing mail or packages for TDG, sorts and compiles insurance claims to be mailed to individual companies.
- Prepares pamphlets to distribute to patients.
- Provides exceptional customer service for external and internal customers including our patients and families, business associates, TDG staff, etc. Demonstrates integrity, compassion, and respect when working with patients, families and staff members.
- Upholds Timberlane Dental Group’s values and standards of conduct:
- Protects the privacy and confidentiality of patients, families, staff and Timberlane Dental proprietary business and financial information.
- Meets Timberlane Dental Group’s expectations as outlined in the Employee Handbook including timely arrival to the office and meeting appropriate attendance expectations.
- Maintains a professional appearance that is appropriate for her/his position and work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Follows all regulatory guidelines and procedures relevant to her/his responsibilities (e.g. HIPAA, OSHA).
The position requires some physical exertion, including sitting, standing, walking, occasional light lifting, carrying, pushing/pulling and reaching out. The job requires operation of typical office equipment, including computers, telephones, copiers, fax etc.
Salary is based on experience and qualifications. Timberlane Dental Group offers several benefits, including health, dental, vision, pension plan, disability and life insurance coverage, gym membership discount and more.
Job Type: Full-time