Smart Manufacturing Technical Architect
Chief Technical Officer, CESMII
US Citizenship Required:
US Workplace Required:
This role will interface with all individuals within the organization as well as externally. CESMII Members, Department of Energy technical staff, technology providers, and others as required to meet the needs of the business.
The position is located in Los Angeles, CA.
Travel is expected to be around 25%
The employee will serve as the primary technical subject matter expert to drive the development and deployment of the CESMII Smart Manufacturing (SM) Platform and Smart Manufacturing technologies.
The Technical Specialist, under the guidance of the CTO, will be responsible for operational architecture, technical specification/development, evaluation and oversight of the SM platform and its technical alignment with the accelerated adoption of Smart Manufacturing technologies and solutions by CESMII member institutions. The employee will also assist in developing & refining the CESMII Technology Roadmap, interfacing with technology development partners and assessment of relevant emerging technologies related to Smart Manufacturing.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Lead the technical design and development activities for the SM platform including IT and OT components including architecture, interfaces and interoperability
- Serve as a technical subject matter expert for CESMII on technologies related to platform, sensing, control, modeling and analytics
- Provide technical oversight for technology development partners in the development of SM platform technologies
- Provide technical oversight in evaluation of R&D and application project proposals and assist in the selection process to ensure alignment with CESMII goals
- Assist in developing and refining the CESMII technology roadmap
- Identify and assess relevant emerging technologies for Smart Manufacturing, and ensure linkage to the CESMII technology roadmap
- Provide technical guidance to Regional Manufacturing Center project teams during execution of R&D, application and platform related projects
- Assist in developing communication documents on CESMII R&D and enabling SM platform technologies
- Degree Required: Minimum Bachelor’s degree in engineering or computer science; Advanced degree preferred.
- Discipline: Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical Engineering or Computer Science with a strong emphasis on Manufacturing and plant floor Solutions (Process or Discrete)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in development or application of software platforms, solutions or tools including work-flow engines, data integration, cyber security, architecture frameworks and cloud technology
- Demonstrated experience in development or application of manufacturing technologies such as sensing, control, modeling, simulation and analytics
- Strong demonstrated experience in software development and platform technologies
- Demonstrated ability to work with technology partners and third-party developers
- Demonstrated ability to work with R&D teams (both industry and academia)
- Demonstrated ability to manage and execute multi-disciplinary R&D projects
- Possess strong written, verbal, & presentation communication skills
- Possess strong teamwork influencing, and coaching skills
This position requires potential access to technology controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). The successful candidate must be a “U.S. Person” as defined under ITAR and EAR. In order to be a U.S. Person for ITAR and EAR purposes, you must (i) be a citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) be a lawful permanent resident of the United States; or (iii) have been admitted to the United States as a refugee, or have been granted asylum.
CESMII is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or childbirth, veteran status, or any other classification that is protected under applicable state, federal or local laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. CESMII is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.