Under direct supervision, the Assistant Customer Service Supervisor assists in the administration of the customer service desk operations and babysitting area. This position will assist in the oversight of the staff, operating standards, systems and practices as they directly impact the overall operating excellence of the designated areas working to support a 100% cost recovery facility.
Essential Functions/Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists with financial aspects of the customer service division, including revenues and expenses. Works with the supervisor to ensure that the financial performance of the division meets budget, and follows division and department policies and procedures.
- Assists supervisor in the oversight of all customer service desk-operating practices, policies and systems that are necessary for achieving the division and facility strategic and business plan goals.
- Supports the supervisor in the oversight of facility merchandise and vendors, including costing and inventory management. Ensures all inventory for facility product and equipment is conducted accurately and timely according to pre-determined schedule.
- Assists with staffing-related issues, including but not limited to: selection and hiring, training, coaching, and mentoring of division staff such as Customer Service Representatives and Ticket Booth Attendants.
- Supports the supervisor with the preparation of reports and record keeping, such as employee payroll.
- Provides positive and enthusiastic customer service to all members and guests through compliance with the proper MAFC phone etiquette, greeting members by name, exceeding their expectations with service, saying good bye and inviting them back again the next day.
- Assists members and guests with program registrations and facility bookings for facility programs and services in accordance with service desk software.
- Promotes facilities, programs, and services when in contact with members and guests.
- Trains staff in creating the first and last impressions of MAFC experience for members and guests by providing warm welcomes, magic moments, and fond farewells to those who enter and leave the facility.
- Adheres to all written mandatory standards of operation, policies, procedures, manuals, memos, and oral instructions, etc.
- Accepts and processes multiple methods of payments with accurate cash handling techniques.
- Reviews the preparation of customer service representatives' daily cash receipts and deposits.
- Assists with coaching, mentoring and training staff in a manner that reinforces the facilities mission, vision, values and philosophies.
- Serves as Manager-on-Duty as requested, both during the week and weekends, and performing all responsibilities as necessary in this capacity.
- Conducts oneself at all times in a manner of professionalism that aligns with the values, philosophies and standards of The MAFC. This includes wearing The MAFC approved uniform and nametag.
- Adheres to all the various written mandatory standards of operation, policies, procedures, manuals, memos, oral instructions, etc.
- Arrives to work every day, on time as scheduled. Ability to work various shifts, including evenings and weekends.
- Drives to other facilities as assigned to attend meetings, go to City Hall, etc.
- Attends all scheduled employee staff meetings. Meets with the management team regularly to ensure there is complete cooperation between divisions in the facility and to maintain regular communication to other employees in the facility regarding the division's services and operations.
- Performs other tasks as needed or assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND BEHAVIORS
- High level cash handling experience.
- Demonstrate control and a pleasant demeanor in challenging situations.
- Ability to utilize a variety of data sources to include City policies and other sources as needed.
- Ability to analyze accounts and develop an approach to problem resolution.
- Mathematical skills that produce reliable calculations
- Basic Microsoft Office including Outlook and Excel.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Possess a strong customer service focus and respond professionally and effectively to requests and inquiries from guests, members and staff.
- High School diploma or GED required. Successful candidates will have two (2) years customer service experience which reflects a progression of responsibilities. Must be able to pass pre-employment screenings.
- CPR/AED certified (or obtain within 30 days of employment)
Any work related experience resulting in acceptable proficiency levels in the above Minimum Qualifications is an acceptable substitute for the above specified education and experience requirements.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Pass a drug screen and a background check.
- Meet the City's driving standards.
- No visible tattoos or unnatural hair color. No piercings to be worn visible during shift.
No special physical exertion is required for performing everyday activities, however, incumbent must be able to lift up to 30 pounds, (i.e. computer paper, mail deliveries, and supplies).
Work is generally performed indoors in a climate-controlled office; however, some exposure to outdoor weather conditions may be involved while performing City errands or working special events.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed as of the date of preparation and approval. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee, and all requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.