It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
The Internal Audit Qualitative Analyst is a core member of the Internal Audit department, under the supervision of the Internal Audit Data Analytics Manager, supporting the overall data analytics strategy. The data analytics strategy includes implementation of an expanded continuous auditing function using computer assisted audit techniques, to identify anomalies, policy non-compliance and internal control weaknesses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement, support, and maintain data analytics protocols, standards, and tools, as well as distribution of analytics prior to and/or during audit fieldwork.
- Coordinate with business units to promote effective communication and collaboration between Internal Audit and business units.
- Prepare documentation and analytic dashboards/reports that effectively and efficiently provides summarized results, analysis, conclusions to stakeholders, with supporting details readily available.
- Prepare documentation that supports the data sources and flows for the systems and applications used by the various business units at the Bank.
- Maintain a library of scripts used by the Internal Audit Data Analytics function.
- Assist Manager with follow-up communication and documentation for identified anomalies and potential non-compliance and internal control weaknesses.
- Contribute to audit fieldwork activities for overall process improvement and efficiencies.
- Provide training and inter-departmental guidance to leverage and champion data analysis.
- Develop innovative ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities .
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, general business correspondence and/or journals or government regulations
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial report and/or legal documents
- Ability to analyze the movement of data within and between systems and applications used at the bank
- Ability to write simple correspondence, routine reports and business correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations, to customers, clients and other employees in the organization
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and/or boards of directors
- Bachelor or Advanced degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, or related fields.
- 4-6 years working experience with banking and/or bank operations.
- Process mapping and flowcharting experience using Microsoft Visio, are a plus.
- Strong focus on the customers/stakeholders ensuring ongoing alignment of expectations, requirements and business value/outcome.
- Understanding and application of internal audit principles, with strong ethical standards and integrity.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Professional certifications preferred (e.g., ACDA, CPA, CA, CIA, CFE, CPIM, CISA)
- Ability to manage multiple/projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Willingness to work hours as needed to meet critical deadlines.
Relocation Available: No
Equal Employment Opportunity Information: Simmons First National Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of equal employment with respect to a person's race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, covered veterans, military status, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected classifications. Simmons First National Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to Affirmative Action Programs consisting of results-oriented procedures to ensure equal employment opportunities. These programs require positive action in lieu of neutral non-discrimination and merit hiring/performance policies.