Supernal is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. We are designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities. This allows passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world's communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people's ability to move – whether for work or play.
As the Lead Process Improvement Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in optimizing and streamlining our internal business processes for our rapidly growing and evolving company in our new Change Management team on Digital Operations (DigOps). Your focus will be to elevate efficiency, productivity, and effectiveness through design thinking and Lean Six Sigma methods. You will work closely with business stakeholders to identify bottlenecks, increase efficiencies, and align processes across departments demonstrating digital solutions to enable human users. You will have the opportunity to lead and inspire others to adopt design thinking and lean six sigma methods and foster a collaborative and innovative environment where ideas are nurtured. You will also work closely to develop and execute the process improvement roadmap, contributing to Supernal's strategic objectives and long-term success. Your guidance won't just elevate corporate processes; it will elevate our culture.
This position will be required to work on-site 5 days a week.
- Process Analysis and Improvement: Lead assessment and analysis of existing processes within the organization identified by key leaders or other Supers (Supernal employees) as high priority for change, collaborating with appropriate teams across the business
- Design Thinking: Apply design thinking principles and methods to demonstrate a user centered approach to delivering effective internal operations solutions that drive positive outcomes
- Lean Six Sigma Implementation: Apply Lean Six Sigma principles and tools to streamline processes, reduce variability, and eliminate non-value-added steps, ultimately driving continuous improvement and operational excellence
- Multi-functional Collaboration: Facilitate workshops and meetings with multi-functional teams in implementing process improvements
- Data-Driven Approach: Leverage data analytics and key performance indicators to measure the effectiveness of process improvements, identify trends, and make data-backed decisions to drive efficiency
- Change Management: Partner with change management to ensure successful adoption of process improvements, fostering a culture of continuous improvement and excellence
- Documentation and Training: Create comprehensive documentation of improved processes, standard operating procedures (SOPs), and training materials to ensure widespread understanding and adoption
- Stakeholder Engagement: Collaborate with leadership and key partners to understand their needs and expectations, align process improvement initiatives with strategic goals and business units, and gather feedback for ongoing enhancements
- Mentorship and Training: Offer coaching and mentorship to team members and partners in process improvement methodologies, fostering a culture of empowerment and skill development
- May require up to 30% of domestic and international travel
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, or related fields preferred
- Advanced degrees and certifications in Lean Six Sigma or Design Thinking a plus
- Demonstrated experience of 5 years in process improvement for business operations, with a strong background in Lean Six Sigma methodologies and design thinking principles required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, capable of dissecting complex processes, identifying areas for improvement, and proposing effective solutions
- Demonstrated experience leading process improvement projects for business operations from inception to completion, with the ability to lead multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Familiarity with emerging/automation technologies (I.e., AI, AR/VR) and how to effectively demonstrate these technologies for internal operations
- Lean six sigma and design thinking
- A passion for innovation and an aim to explore new approaches and technologies to enhance operational processes
- Proven ability to drive internal change and a culture of continuous improvement
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Self-organizing and self-starting
- Experience working in a highly regulated industry a plus (e.g., aerospace, automotive, healthcare, finance)
- Preferred experience working with air vehicles, aviation, or other mobility products
- Proactive delivery of communication and follow up
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must have the ability to independently prioritize and accomplish work within time constraints
- Self-motivated and forward-thinking personality
- Proficiency with Excel VLOOKUP, pivot tables, MS Office Suite
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other category or class protected under applicable federal, state or local law. Individuals with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: [email protected]
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code subject to U.S. export controls laws and regulations. If an export authorization from an applicable US regulatory agency is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon Supernal's receipt of such regulatory authorization(s) and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations pursuant to such authorization(s).
Base pay offered may vary depending on skills, experience, job-related knowledge and location. This position is also eligible for a bonus as part of total compensation.
The pay range for this position is:
Click HERE or visit: https://jobs.supernal.aero/benefits to view our benefits!