Summary - Drives truck with capacity of more than 3 tons, to transport materials to and from specified destinations, by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Drives truck to destination.
- Prepares receipts for load picked up.
- Collects payment for goods delivered and for delivery charges. Completes load ticketing paperwork and properly maintains logs accordingly.
- Maintains truck log, according to state and federal regulations. Performs pre-trip inspections on tractor, trailer, and every load to ensure accuracy. Performs inspections on unloading crane (if equipped).
- Maintains telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive delivery instructions. Reports any routing or product issues immediately.
- Manages the loading and unloading of the truck.
- Inspects truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, fuel, oil, and water.
- Performs emergency roadside repairs such as changing tires, installing light bulbs, tire chains, and spark plugs.
- Positions blocks and ties rope around items to secure cargo during transit.
- Conducts proper accident investigations when required and collects the appropriate information as needed.
- Acts as a customer service representative for the company when on the job site. Conducts themselves in a proper, respectful manner.
Qualifications - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience
- Valid CDL driver's license and 5 years’ experience. Valid Medical Certificate.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid state issued CDL driver's license that meets the points criteria established in the company's Motor Vehicle Use Policy.
Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. A general knowledge of the company product lines is necessary for performing load inspections.
Work Environment - The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $21.00 - $26.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Referral program
- Safety equipment provided
- Uniform allowance
- Day shift
- Home daily
- Monday to Friday
- No nights
- Weekend availability
- Year round work
Trucking Driver Type:
- Company driver
- Solo driver
- Driving: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: On the road