The Executive Office of Technology Services and Security (EOTSS) is the state’s lead office for information technology. We provide enterprise level information technology services including network management and security; computer operations; application hosting; desktop provisioning and management; and modern and responsive digital services to 40,000 internal stakeholders plus the residents, business owners and visitors to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
EOTSS is seeking to hire a Mail Clerk to join the Boston Mail Services Team. The Mail Clerk will be responsible for the operation of a mail inserter, catching from the sorter, and keeping accurate logs of all postage. The Mail Clerk will ensure the timely delivery of customer agencies’ mailings through courier service. The incumbent will perform accurate record keeping of postal meter logs and production reports. The EOTSS Boston Mailroom is responsible for the sorting and delivery of mail to key downtown Boston customer agencies and servicing the mail pickup window at Ashburton Place.
The primary work location for this role will be 1 Ashburton Place, Boston, Massachusetts, 02108. The work schedule for this position is Monday thru Friday, 7:00AM – 3:00PM EST. *Schedules are subject to change based on the operational needs of the business. This role is expected to perform after hours support as authorized and required.
All offers of employment for this position are conditional and subject to passing: a Massachusetts Criminal Background Check (CORI), a security clearance (fingerprinting) consistent with IRS and/or public safety requirements, and security training.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare, post, and account for multiple types of deliverables that do not fit in the Daily Bulk mailing.
- Ensure that daily, weekly, and monthly mailing deadlines are met along with daily courier service.
- Process, distribute, and pickup mail for customer agencies in a timely and efficient manner.
- Sort incoming mail with proper placement in mail bins, setting up mail runs, and keeping proper records.
- Operate mail inserting machines, perform preventative maintenance and corrective adjustments.
- Review and follow QA/QC procedures for the mail unit to maintain a high level of quality service delivery to customer agencies.
- Ensure current SLOs are adhered to for current work and new work.
- Assist in maintaining the mailroom inventory systems and purchases of supplies, forms, and necessary equipment.
- Assume clerical and operational responsibilities of Mailing Services group leader during absence.
- Comply with Change Management Policy and Procedure.
- Demonstrate flexibility in accepting assignments and taking initiative when needed.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to consistently complete tasks in a timely manner
- Must be able to support all distribution duties being used at the EOTSS Boston Mailroom.
- Demonstrated ability to uncover and report errors as well as correct them before distribution of output.
- Ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
- Knowledge of methods and techniques used in machine operations, adjustments, and care, such as mail sorters, etc. are a plus, but not required.
- Proven ability to effectively work individually or in a team environment.
- Demonstrated competency in basic computer skills including proficiency in MS Office Suite (Excel and Word).
- Ability to maintain accurate and updated list records for an organization.
- Proven customer service skills
- Ability to lift and/or push/pull up to 50 lbs.
Education and Certifications:
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent work experience.
First consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days.
Minimum Entrance Requirements:
Applicants must have at least (A) one year of full-time, or equivalent part-time, experience in office work or in work in which the processing of incoming and/or outgoing mail (for example, delivering, sorting, weighing, metering, etc.) was a major duty.
Special Requirements: Based on assignment, possession of a current and valid Massachusetts Motor Vehicle Operator's License.
When you embark on a career with the Commonwealth, you are offered an outstanding suite of employee benefits that add to the overall value of your compensation package. We take pride in providing a work experience that supports you, your loved ones, and your future.
Want the specifics? Explore our Employee Benefits and Rewards!
Executive Order #595: As a condition of employment, successful applicants will be required to have received COVID-19 vaccination or an approved exemption as of their start date. Details relating to demonstrating compliance with this requirement will be provided to applicants selected for employment. Applicants who receive an offer of employment who can provide documentation that the vaccine is medically contraindicated or who object to vaccination due to a sincerely held religious belief may make a request for exemption.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Commonwealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Research suggests that qualified women, Black, Indigenous, and Persons of Color (BIPOC) may self-select out of opportunities if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage individuals who believe they have the skills necessary to thrive to apply for this role.
Official Title: Mail Clerk II
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston-1 Ashburton Place
Job: Administrative Services
Agency: Exec Office of Technology Services and Security
Job Posting: Feb 2, 2023, 10:32:42 AM
Number of Openings: 1
Salary: 40,989.00 - 53,955.20 Yearly
If you have Diversity, Affirmative Action or Equal Employment Opportunity questions or need a Reasonable Accommodation, please contact Diversity Officer / ADA Coordinator: Emily Hartmann - 6176608300
Bargaining Unit: 01-NAGE - Clerical/Administrative
Hybrid Work Eligible: No