We are a mechanical manufacturing controlled foreign corporation seeking a determined and professional individual for carrying out basic tasks to perform assembly and welding operations of fabricated metal products. The responsibilities of the Welder position include positioning, aligning, fitting, and welding parts, following blueprints and layout specifications, and using jigs, welding torches, and hand tools. The candidate must have good communication skills, a positive attitude, be prepared to multitask, and adapt well to change with desire to function as part of a team and to also perform well independently.
Job Title: Welder/ Fitter
Reports to: Operations Manager
Status: 1099 Independent Contractor
Offer type: At-Will employment
· Successful candidate will be required to sign a non-disclosure agreements as a condition of employment.
- High school graduate. Welding certification or technical courses preferred.
- 6 mo. -3 years’ work experience preferred.
- 6 mo. -3 years’ experience TIG and MIG welding
- Must have valid identification.
General job responsibilities and qualifications needed to perform the job include, but are not limited to:
· Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings as they pertain to welding of parts. Ability to complete routine reports.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as area, circumference and volume..
· Good communication skill.
· Ability to work without close supervision and exercise individual initiative.
- Set up and operate a variety of manual machines. Ability to use the following hand or powered hand tools, including but not limited to, drill, file, grinder, hammer, pliers and screwdrivers.
- Use the following measuring tools: tape meter, caliper, square.
- Set up and weld parts using welding equipment following procedures.
- Operate the following plant equipment: forklift, hand cutting torch, pendant jib, gantry and overhead cranes (also radio controlled).
- Read and accurately interpret specifications from cut sheets to determine material type and size. Read detailed production orders to determine product specifications including dimensions and tolerances.
- Work with a variety of materials to include, but not limited to, raw pipe of varying sizes, bar stock, flanges, flat bars and sheet metal part template.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl with occasionally requiring to climb.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. The employee must occasionally push and/or pull a maximum force of 200 ft-lb.
About the Company:
The MOTRIDAL headquarters is located in Italy and is one of the most important Italian Companies specializing in the design and construction of machines and systems for bulk material handling. MOTRIDAL SpA, founded in 1953 is divided into clear departments, that of Bulk Material Handling and the Augers & Flighting division, which specializes in the production of metal spirals and augers.
In early 2018, MOTRIDAL America Inc. was established in Houston, TX close to the George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH). The company extends its commercial and operational presence locally in the respective strategic areas of reference.
Please go online for more information about the products we offer:
MOTRIDAL America Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability, genetic information, uniformed services or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $16.00 per hour
Weekly day range:
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: In person