SILGAN CONTAINERS is the largest provider of metal food packaging in the United States and we are looking for Packaging Operators to join our team! A great opportunity to join a growing manufacturing plant in Ft. Madison, IA.
Visually inspects and packs product into sleeves, bags, cartons, bins, pallets, etc. and loads the machines as required. Packaging Operators may work interchangeably at any can line, end line or palletizer and rotate as required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Package product to required specifications
- Place sleeves in cartons or snakewrap on pallet as required
- Manually load shells into equipment as required
- Complete forms and reports as required, both manually and electronically
- Maintain clean work area and perform other cleaning duties as assigned by Supervisor
High School diploma or equivalent required.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work at high speeds and multitask
- Dependable and flexible to work rotating 12 hour shifts and overtime as needed
- Able to work with little supervision
- Able to work at heights including use of steps and ladders
Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus.
Must be able to pull, push, bend, climb and lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.