Overview of Position:
AGMprovide support for the General Manager. They work to exceed customer expectations, foster a culture of teamwork, develop staff members’ abilities and competencies, meet and exceed the financial objectives established for their assigned location. Their long-term objective is to develop their own skills towards becoming a General Manager.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a role model for customer-first behaviors according to company standards
- Build a team of customer-focused employees through coaching and measurement
- Handle difficult customer situations professionally
- Handle any customer complaints/concerns
- Respond to customer inquiries on a timely basis
- Ensure all products meet Krispy Kreme quality standards
- Conduct store tours
- Answer telephone in a timely manner and utilize Krispy Kreme greeting procedures
- Direct and manage store sales efforts, which may include Hot Light times, retail sales, fundraising and suggestive selling
- Work with the General Manager to achieve business plan objectives and profitability as set forth in the store operating plan and in the established financial goals
- Understand and implement procedures to maximize efficiencies and control variances in daily production of product and overall store performance
- Understand and implement store quality control procedures
- Coordinate production schedules to meet customer demands and minimize labor hours
- Inspect, troubleshoot, and assess any production or equipment problems
Safety and Sanitation
- Demonstrate safety consciousness and promote store safety, e.g. shoes, floor cones, MVR’s, etc.
- Maintain a high level of store sanitation and cleanliness, e.g. cleaning schedules, training, etc.
- Oversee proper upkeep of store facility and equipment
- Assist the General Manager in recruiting, hiring, training, and dispute resolution
- Supervise all shift personnel
- Build a team of customer-focused employees and foster teamwork
- Demonstrate leadership in employee development, including that of Key Staff
- Assist in communicating to store employees and enforcing all store policies, standards, and practices
- Assist General Manager in completing and managing income and expense budgets, including accounts payable/receivable, profit and loss, etc.
- Accounting tasks such as counting and depositing revenues.
- Assist General Manager in completing required corporate reporting documentation, both financial and operational
- Manage company resources responsibly including inventory control
- Manage financial duties
- Protect company assets
- Communicate and model company standards and policies
- Implement efficiently and effectively directives from store, corporate, and divisional management
- Develop and maintain store organization to promote efficient operations
- Interface with corporate office personnel
Essential skills and Experience:
- High school or GED required
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Experience with sales, management, production, and customer service
- Strong communication, organizational, and leadership skills
- Pleasant disposition, sociable, accommodating nature, and enthusiasm
- Self-motivation, creativity, and adaptability
- Basic computer, telephone, and fax knowledge
- Completion of Krispy Kreme AGM Development Course
- Must perform all related competencies outlined in the Krispy Kreme Shift Management Training Workbook
- Must meet Krispy Kreme driving standards (three year clean driving)
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Must have availability to work weekends.
Nonessential skills and Experience:
- Post secondary education strongly preferred
Physical Demands and work environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Carrying ·Writing · Bending · Stooping · Grasping · Standing · Climbing
- Twisting ·Sitting · Filing documents · Walking · Driving
- Sweeping ·Lifting · Pushing/pulling · Using telephone and fax machines
- Communicating with customers and co-workers
- Lifting up to 75 pounds occasionally
- Physical activity is sporadic
- Involves periodic travel
Visual/Audible Acuity Requirements
- Must be able to meet requirements for a driver’s license.
Job Type: Full-time
- Basic Computer Skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- Inventory: 1 year (Preferred)
- Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Suggestive Selling: 1 year (Preferred)