Maintenance Technician – Walmart Supply Chain, Lewiston, Maine
We're currently hiring Maintenance Technicians at our Walmart Distribution Center in Lewiston, Maine. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries—all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Easily apply online: https://careers.walmart.com/us/jobs/9252000460CP-maintenance-and-custodial
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between. A critical role in moving product through our Distribution network to the Stores to service our Customers. We're working to keep our communities running by keeping our shelves stocked with essentials. Join our team and help our communities.
The work is very physically demanding with an extremely high focus on your safety and the safety of others.
Duties and Responsibilities:
An individual must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Assist other maintenance technicians in the repair and maintenance of equipment.
- Clean and maintain grounds, parking lots, fencing and building facilities (e.g., bathrooms, plumbing).
- Communicate with (or to) individuals or groups verbally and/or in writing (e.g. customers, suppliers, associates).
- Complete work orders, records, logs and other written or computer-based documents according to established procedures.
- Read and understand technical drawings (e.g., blueprints, electronic/mechanical schematics) to repair/maintain equipment.
- Troubleshoot complex problems with equipment where the repair is not immediately visible or obvious.
- Operate material handling equipment, battery equipment, moving machinery, and other powered equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance and repairs on equipment (e.g., lift trucks, pneumatic systems, material handling
- Maintain, repair, and conduct preventative maintenance on DC equipment and building in safe and correct ways.
- Repair items in a timely manner and utilize established repair policies and procedures.
- Tell management about dirty and harmful working conditions and unsafe practices.
- Tell management when tools and supplies required for performing repairs on DC equipment are unavailable or broken.
- Utilize Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to perform work (e.g., record work history, identify parts usage, identify warranties) in a timely and effective manner.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.20 - $22.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off