The Research Investigator applies technical expertise and experience to coordinate, design and carry out research projects.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
- Deal with clinical samples such human blood, tissue, ascites and maintain in a good cryopreservation condition for future research
- Monitor and maintain supply inventory so that work flow is not negatively affected
- Collaborate with supervisor and research support staff in writing of research papers, grant applications and presentations at conferences
- Develop and review techniques to enhance laboratory operations and assists lab personnel in implementation of new technology
- Collect data and maintain meticulous records of the lab and research
- Perform tissue culture techniques, function study, molecular biology experiments (DNA/RNA/protein); handle mouse experiments such as tumor injection from tumor cell lines and clinical specimen, drug treatment and be able to analyze all data
- Perform basic histologic techniques on tumor specimens
- Apply technical expertise and experience to plan, coordinate, design, supervise, and carry out research projects.
- Collect and organize pertinent information for research reports.
- Willing to learn new technique necessary for research.
Presentation of Results:
- Develop and maintain database for tracking specimens with high level of accuracy.
- Assist and oversee laboratory operations in the absence of the supervisor, and if needed, supervise personnel at equal or lower levels of responsibility.
- Operate and maintain laboratory equipment and demonstrate and train other laboratory personnel on proper use of equipment.
- Provide assistance in the preparation of technical reports, slide presentations, spreadsheets, posters, manuscripts, and grant applications, as assigned.
- Compiles, writes and submits project results to superiors.
Bachelor's degree in one of the natural sciences or related field.
Masters' degree in one of the natural sciences or related field.
Five years of experience in scientific or experimental research work. With preferred degree, three years of required experience.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
exempt and not eligible for overtime pay
US Dollar (USD) 46,000
US Dollar (USD) 57,500
Maximum Salary :
US Dollar (USD) 69,000