- High School Diploma or GED
The Screw Machine Machinist individual responsible to perform the set ups and operates Screw Machines for manufacture medical products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recognizes improper machine functioning or cutting action of tools and if possible, takes corrective action.
- Notifies supervisor or lead man of major malfunctions.
- Inspects work to ensure conformance with specifications and blueprints using measuring tools such as micrometers.
- Demonstrated experience in reading and interpreting blueprints and use shop and measuring tools.
- May conduct peer development training per established departmental requirements.
- Records the piece count and run time of the production times.
- Demonstrated ability to use SPC and shop floor data collection systems.
- Independently, sets-up and operates up to three (3) Screw Machines. Ensures set-up is to specification on machine they will operate.
- Reports any safety violation, machining equipment misuse and/or improperly performed work to supervisor.
- Performs machine operating adjustments and regulates and controls such functions as coolant flow, machine rate and related machine operations
- Performs record keeping, data entry, housekeeping, and follows safety regulations.
- Performs preventative maintenance as outlined the preventative maintenance form.
- May assist and/or suggest waste elimination initiatives specifically related to the function and department such as production material recycle or removal opportunities.
Essential Job Requirements, Skills, & Abilities:
- High School Diploma or GED with minimum 1 year from college or technical school or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Working experience of Brown & Sharpe manufacturing procedures
- Proficient in reading blueprints
- A minimum of 3 years in Screw Machine Operator position
1st shift - 4:30 am to 3:00 pm Monday - Thursday
2nd shift - 2:45 pm to 1:15 am Monday - Thursday
3rd shift - 5:00 am to 5:30 pm Friday - Sunday
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $22.00 /hour
- cnc machinist: 3 years (Preferred)