- Supervising Experience
- Pediatrics Experience
- CPR Certification
Manager of Outpatient Programs | The HSC Health Care System
Oversees therapy and operational activities for all outpatient programs including space availability, daily staffing, and equipment needs/concerns. Oversees development and revisions of therapy programs and procedures. Manages family concerns as needed and works with Director to monitor therapy denials.
Essential job duties:
- Responsible for daily overseeing of therapy operational activities (OT, PT, ST) for all OP programs- i.e. space availability, daily staffing, equipment needs/concerns.
- Monitors all clinical schedules along with therapy volumes
- Manages time off requests for OT, PT, ST.
- Works with discipline specific mentor for all reviews. The OP manager has the responsibility to ensure the review is done timely within HR guidelines.
- Manages family concerns as needed.
- Works with Director to monitor therapy denials.
- Performs and documents pertinent evaluation results, ongoing treatment and discharge information within timeframes consistent with care setting and department policy.
- Completes patient charges accurately and timely.
- Follows established documentation policies and guidelines. Uses acceptable grammar, correct spelling and approved medical terminology and abbreviations according to department and HSC policies.
- Utilizes outcome measurement tools as per established guidelines.
- Refers patient to appropriate practitioner if the diagnosis is outside scope of expertise.
- Oversees the development and/or revision of therapy program policies and procedures.
- Effectively handles administrative/shared responsibilities.
- Oversees the purchase of new equipment and supplies.
- Schedules work, ensures adequate staffing and evaluates performance in relation to department objectives and responsibilities.
- Responsible for personnel actions to include authorizing and/or recommending salary changes, promotions, transfers, discipline, termination, vacation schedules, leaves of absence, performance appraisals and resolving grievances and other personnel actions in coordination with the Clinical Practice Coordinators and Human Resources.
- Demonstrates familiarity with all policies and procedures of the Outpatient Program.
- Ensures that staff complete required or necessary orientation to the Outpatient Program.
- Ensures timely and cooperative inter- and intra-departmental relationships and communications throughout the hospital and the system and with individuals external to the hospital and system.
- Assists with the monitoring and evaluation of outpatient processes for important aspects of care through P. I. programs. Will work closely with clinical mentors.
- Maintains skills, licensure, regulatory requirements and credentials needed to perform assigned duties
6 years of experience in pediatrics as an Occupational, Physical or Speech Therapist. Supervisory experience preferred. Must demonstrate a professional and enthusiastic interest in pediatric program enhancement/development to address the diverse and holistic needs of this population. Knowledge of growth and development, and of diseases and disabilities. Ability to work well with others. Ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing.
Current District of Columbia and Maryland licensure of OT, PT or ST. In addition a ST therapist must have Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology from the American Speech-Language Hearing Association.
Graduate of an ACOTE-approved occupational therapy curriculum. Initial certification by National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT); Graduate of a CAPTE approved physical therapy curriculum or Master’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology from an American Speech- Language-Hearing Association accredited institution.
Job Type: Full-time
- Pediatric: 6 years (Preferred)