Because you want... a fresh perspective, …to be better today than you were yesterday, …your work to have an impact, …more! Why is always a great question. It is efficient in its delivery yet often delivers wisdom and insight in its response. Only you can answer this question for yourself but, at BrightLeaf our “Why” is to improve the way people live, through innovation. It has become too common a practice to simply voice our disapproval of the status quo without any real action to force a change. We are here to be that force, lighting the fire to burn through the deadwood and create new life.
We welcome originals and thrive on fresh ideas and perspectives. BrightLeaf recognizes that people are what keep us innovating, continuously challenging ourselves and basic assumptions to find a better way; therefore, we will continue to make the investments in people that others simply won’t. We are seeking those with an entrepreneurial spirit to add to our team of intrapreneurs as we continue to validate the philosophy that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
At BrightLeaf there is a huge opportunity for growth over the foreseeable future and we want to grow people professionally in addition to growing the company. If you’re highly motivated, hardworking, interested in continuously learning and growing, and don’t want to sit in a cubicle from 9-5 then you may have found your spot.
Main tasks: Establish appropriate expectations, execute development, and manage delivery of pre-construction design deliverables. The appropriate activities necessary for successful execution would include but are not limited to client engagement & service, parameter exploration & feasibility studies, project planning & management, and template & resource development.
More about it: Our Residential Architect has a unique role at BrightLeaf as they will help shape the image of our construction offerings – bringing further innovation, ingenuity, and appeal. An outstanding Residential Architect is an extremely organized and competent professional with solid communication and decision-making skills and the ability to be self-directed and solve problems. He or she will be detail oriented, comfortable relating with people and able to carry out routine day to day tasks while managing and balancing multiple projects at once in a fast-paced environment.
- Manage all personnel and phases of pre-construction (Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documentation, Permitting);
- Manage and challenge both clients and internal resources to best develop designs for client needs and allotted budget
- Collaborate effectively with Construction Preparation, & Construction Management teams
- Generate designs within the constraints of the project goals, budgets and required ordinances and codes
- Preparation of design/construction documents and other deliverables
- Lead or participate in presentations that communicate the design concepts
- Contribute to marketing efforts, including assistance with imagery, proposals, and presentations
- Oversee and manage project pre-construction schedules
- Define, set, and manage to a series of deliverable and project milestones
- Monitor work performed by outside resources to assure timely and comprehensive completion of all work performed.
- Act as an expert to ensure a quality design
- Develop and implement design documentation and quality inspection process
- Explore additional opportunities within systems and software, identifying & implementing applicable developments
- Engage with clients and potential clients at a professional level
- Make independent decisions on architectural challenges and methods
- Apply skills to minimize assumptions and seek means to improve efficiencies and reduce costs
- Ensure compliance with all codes, zoning and BrightLeaf standards
- Degree in Architecture
- 3 years or greater architectural experience
- Licensed in the state of Illinois - On track to obtain licensure will be considered
- Willing to sign and seal projects for permitting
- Strong background in construction detailing and understanding of materials and methods
- A good understanding of building codes and the permitting process
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit is a must
- Strong project and team personnel management experience
- Initiative and a slight disregard for the status quo
- Live within 15 miles of Hinsdale
What We’ll Do For You
- Hire you into a full-time salaried position
- Provide you paid vacation & holiday pay
- Provide you with health plan package options
- Student loan repayment assistance
- Professional development budget
- Be honest, direct, and act like human beings
- Compensate you for performance that grows both you and the company
- Reimburse you for business use of your personal vehicle and mobile phone
Interested? Here’s what we need you to do
Check out our website and Facebook page so you know more about us, what we do, and why we do it.
Send us your resume, cover letter, and any supplemental portfolio references to showcase your experience and capabilities.
Please also answer this question; what is your favorite architectural style? Missing this question might indicate your attention to detail, so please have attention to detail!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- Architecture: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative