Slickline Specialist– Lafayette, LA
Come and join the team of great professionals in the Oil and Gas company. We are looking for someone to have experience in Deep Water preferably in Gulf of Mexico with rigging up in Semi-Subs/ Drill ship with Coil tubing Lifting Frame and have knowledge of Slickline Operations: Jarring, Swabbing; Bailers, Tubing punch, P&A, Parrafing cutting, fishing etc. Offshore certifications is a must. This is a short term contract with possibly of extension.
The company will train which will allow the employee to understand the many cased hole services that used telemetry to conduct data acquisition surveys and activate downhole devices. Also, to allow premium data delivery via memory devices and activation of downhole equipment on slickline with accurate depth measurements.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Discusses with the client as to which technology best suited for a test, often advising the client on the wisest choice
- Plans and supervises a well test job, providing the client with a report consolidating the findings
- Plans and organizes performance of service and the tools and equipment required for job
- Directs the selection, preparation/qualification, loading, dispatch, and unloading of tools and equipment for job
- Manages and administers well site operations to insure service meets client's requirements, and operates equipment to perform service; supervises a field operator crew (when required) in the preparation of the unit, calibration of equipment, and enforcement of safety rules and regulations, as required
- Calls and leads safety meetings
- Maintains and strengthens client relations through frequent contacts and promotes sales and services
- Participates in and directs preventative maintenance and repair of tools and equipment according to the standards and procedures defined in the RITE program
- Isolates and documents field failures/causes and makes required repairs
- Signs service orders as an authorized representative of the Company, and insures client's representative prior to the beginning and conclusion of service operation(s) signs service order.
- Performs all follow-up duties and reporting duties concerned with equipment accountability and safety, as required
- Comply with applicable company policies, including Personnel, Quality System and Health, Safety and Environment standards and procedures
- Successfully complete required safety training (including but not limited to drugs and alcohol, electrical, emergency response, fire, first aid, health and hygiene, PPE, SIPP, risk reporting, IT security, hazardous materials, driving)
- Employees may be assigned other duties, in addition to or in lieu of those described above, and any duties are subject to change at any time, according to the needs of the location or Company
Minimum High School Diploma plus 2-year Associates Degree or Equivalent
- Good problem solving skills
- Intermediate skill in project estimation
- Can handle projects of medium - high complexity
- Creative and innovative in providing quality solutions, analytical and solution oriented
- Advanced skill in techniques, tools, processes and practices within area of expertise
- Intermediate decision-making: Involved in developing, modifying and executing company policies. Decisions will impact upon schedules and on day to day operations
- Professional analysis and skillful use of tools, processes and resources
- Uses conceptual skills to tackle problems, which have not been addressed before
- Develops new approaches to enable others to resolve similar problems should they occur again
- Can function independently and in a team
- Intermediate Project Management skills
- Basic Outsourcing Management skills
- Leadership (if position has subordinates): Establishes goals in order to meet objectives, including subordinates. Provides leadership to subordinates
- Intermediate Mentoring skills
- Intermediate oral and written communication skills:
Frequently interacts with peer groups, subordinates and senior management advising on area of responsibility. Interaction normally involves the ability to gain confidence, and give presentations of information concerning specific projects/schedules. Come Join the best and create a career - not just a job!
Please include MONTH and DAY (MM/dd) of your Birthday at the end of your CV.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $21.00 to $25.00 /hour