There is a kitchen position available at The Rose of Ames, which is a licensed Assisted Living Facility. There is a position for a full-time dietary aide. This position also has the opportunity to be trained as a PRN cook. This is a good work opportunity with flexible hours.
DIETARY AIDE – ASSISTED LIVING FACILITY
This position is for a full-time or part-time kitchen dietary aide in an assisted living facility.
Compensation: Competitive for position.
· This position is responsible for serving food in a congregate dining area
· This position is responsible for following proper customer service practices
· This position is responsible for clearing and cleaning after meal service
· This position is responsible for assisting the cook with duties as assigned
· This position reports to the cook and building administrator.
· Setting tables prior to meal service
· Serving meal plate service and beverages
· Utilizing proper courtesy and customer service practices with respect to elderly clientele
· Clearing and cleaning after meal service
· Washing table clothes as needed
· Vacuuming and cleaning the dining area proper
· Washing and returning dishes and silverware to storage
· Assisting the cook with other duties as assigned
· Good work ethic
· Basic understanding of kitchen and meal service protocols
Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to follow meal service instructions and communicate effectively with supervisor, co-employees and residents
· Ability to effectively relate to and communicate with elderly clientele
· Flexibility in scheduling is preferred
There is also the opportunity to be trained as a cook. Any training would be under the supervision of the lead cook and the Corporate Culinary Director. This is a good opportunity for a person who has an interest in learning to cook in a large group, institutional setting.
The kitchen is well appointed.
Please submit a resume for consideration.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $9.00 to $10.00 /hour
- food service: 1 year (Preferred)
- cook: 1 year (Preferred)
- dietary aide: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture