Only local residents with 25 radius miles from Dover, NJ will be considered.
No relocation package.
Production Mechanic with mechanical abilities who is able to function as a Packaging Mechanic and willing to also perform the duties of a Packaging Operator and/or Line Leader. Require ability to troubleshoot PLC electrical/mechanical issues on multiple packaging as well as cleaning and sanitizing lines during changeovers.
- Knowledgeable in mechanical / electrical / Controls & Automation associated with Packaging Equipment.
- Understanding of basic Mechanical and Electrical concepts.
- Able to perform corrective and preventative mechanical and electrical maintenance and adjust equipment to meet desired output speeds and quality.
- Able to Multi Task and process multiple sensory inputs, reacting to alarms and indications as well as trends.
- Able to navigate OIT’s (Operator Interface Terminals) and comfortable with recipe entry / verification and basic calculations associated with performance measurement.
- Takes Responsibility, Overcomes Obstacles, and Escalates issues at the appropriate time / Finds a way to meet commitments. Superior can do attitude.
- Able to respond to faults and error messages, to assess potential product impact and act to identify and address root cause.
- Effective Verbal skills, Imparts urgency with Quality. Team player. Able to identify improvement opportunities in given processes / procedures.
- Follow instructions provided by Master Formulas, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and follow the GMP regulations and safety procedures to produce quality products utilizing various manufacturing technologies and equipment.
- Capable of working independently as well as in team oriented environments
- Clean manufacturing rooms and equipment per applicable standard operating procedures.
- Accurately document all critical data on master formulas and or other supporting documents.
- Wear proper Personal Protective Equipment to prevent personal and product contamination (hair and beard covers, respirators, Tyvek arm sleeves, etc.)
- Knowledge of CGMP, SOP, Lock Out Tag Out, and OSHA regulations required.
- Maintain area orderly and clean during all operations.
Minimum Qualifications: High School diploma or equivalent, and minimum of one (1) year experience, preferably in food industry; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Candidates with basic English will be accepted. Spanish is a plus.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions: Incumbents in this class are subject to extended periods of sitting, standing, walking, pushing and pulling, stooping and crouching climbing and walking, vision to monitor, occasional lifting of equipment or materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
Good Work Ethic, Sense of Responsibility, Hardworking, Energetic, Ability to lift 50lbs.
Job Type: Full-time
- Mechanic: 1 year
- Production: 1 year
- High school or equivalent