Visions In Education is one of the largest TK-12 Public Charter School serving northern California. We provide educational options for those students and families seeking alternatives to the traditional public school setting. Visions In Education has successfully supported students and families for over 19 years and is a growing, thriving organization.
We have built our organization based upon hiring the most qualified people and helping them acquire the skills and knowledge they need to succeed. Our students and families choose us as their school because we provide great teachers, systems and technology to achieve their educational goals.
Bachelor’s degree in business, statistics, project management, marketing, management information systems, finance or related fields from an accredited college or university along with 4 years of increasingly responsible experience in business, statistics, project management, finance, information systems or other related field. Supporting managers with data and analysis, supporting budgets, orders/invoicing and assessments.
Experience with CALPADS, ordering systems, and student information systems is preferred.
More information about our school can be found by visiting www.viedu.org.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE CLASS
Under direction, analyzes, prepares, audits, monitors and performs complex work in the development, control and analysis of various VIE information systems which may include attendance, ordering, accountability, student records, enrollment, etc.; assists with the analysis and management of various contracts, systems and processes; may assist with the acquisition of testing facilities; may assist with coordination of testing events; may assist with the development and implementation of school wide marketing plans; may provide training, support and oversight to staff for attendance, student records and accountability processes; provides training, support and oversight for department staff on various business procedures, processes and related software applications; serves as a department liaison with Technology Department staff reviewing procedures, processes and software to promote efficiency; develops training materials and events for various office personnel; performs other duties as assigned.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Any one position may not include all the duties listed nor do all the listed examples include all tasks that may be found in positions of this class.
- Participates in the development of efficient processes and procedures related to posting, editing, auditing and reporting student purchases, student records, school accountability and other financial analysis duties.
- Initiates and participates in the research, collection, and compilation of data for reports, projections and estimates.
- Assists in the preparation and audit of various contracts related to student purchases, marketing, vendor partnerships, and professional services.
- Creates, reviews, analyzes and audits financial data, reports related to enrollment processing, attendance logs, attendance posting reports, student enrollment and exit dates to ensure completeness, accuracy and compliance with policies, procedures and state requirements.
Develops, analyzes, evaluates, maintains and supports various software applications. Verifies the accuracy of data in various local, district, and statewide student information systems and reports.
- Runs reports from, updates information in, and supports the integration of various local, district and statewide student information systems.
- Disaggregates, simplifies, and then communicates data to stakeholders so that they can easily understand the data and use it to drive decisions and make changes.
- Identifies and recommends policy and procedural improvements and suggestions for organizational effectiveness to management.
- Develops and presents training events with associated training materials for various information systems.
- Uses web analytic tools and databases to pull ad hoc data that is then used for business analysis and management reporting.
- Serves as a liaison between technology staff and department system users to provide input in the development of various software applications related to student attendance, enrollment, accountability, content management systems, student budget accounting and related systems.
- Reviews, develops and/or writes policies and procedures related to the use of content management system, ordering systems, various business functions (attendance, enrollment, accountability, special education, etc.) within the school’s student information system.
- Attends meetings relating to areas of responsibility, for obtaining information, determining acceptable practices and policies and making recommendations for improvement and effectiveness.
- Uses a detailed and methodical approach to complete work in a well-organized and efficient manner.
- Researches best practices and innovative solutions to support meeting organizational goals and objectives.
- Creates and implements marketing plans. Analyzes and audits financial data related to marketing initiatives.
- May utilize and monitor Adwords, Adcenter and Facebook pay per click advertising tools.
- Leverages data to build insights about marketing, pay per click advertising and other enrollment growth strategies.
- Expands our marketing reach by learning about new technologies and trends in the field of marketing, enrollment management and online advertising.
- Manages the day-to-day search marketing activities across Adwords, Adcenter, and Facebook advertising campaigns.
- Monitors campaigns for opportunities and/or trends to improve performance.
- Develops and tests new ad copies (headlines, descriptions etc.), keyword expansion in appropriate campaigns, negative keywords etc. to drive improvements in campaign performance.
- Defines, analyzes, understands, and uses metrics to improve strategies and performance in areas such as paid advertising, record keeping, information systems, auditing, and ordering.
- Organizes, writes surveys, delivers and analyzes surveys for various stakeholder groups.
- Executes focus groups and user research by coordinating logistics of finding the right people, organizing the space and taking notes during the focus group.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in business, statistics, project management, marketing, management information systems, finance or related fields from an accredited college or university along with 4 years of increasingly responsible experience in business, statistics, project management, finance, information systems or other related field.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of or ability to learn school business processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn and interpret department policies, procedures, rules, regulation and operations; and ability to develop and maintain a system for monitoring and maintaining these documents.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn VIE organization, operations and objectives.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn applicable sections of the California Education Code, Charter law and other pertinent laws.
- Knowledge of and ability to implement and train users in content management systems.
- Skill in research, data collection, statistical and financial analysis.
- Skill in using databases and various software applications to analyze, interpret, and report on data.
- Skill in detecting and correcting errors or omissions.
- Skill and ability to read, write, and edit written documents.
- Knowledge, skill and ability to use a wide variety of office equipment including but not limited to: personal computers, content management systems, associated software programs (including Windows, word-processing, desktop publishing, spreadsheets, graphics and database applications), e-mail, Internet, copiers, scanners, calculators and telephones.
- Knowledge, skill and ability to use modern office practices, procedures and equipment, record-keeping and file/document maintenance techniques.
- Skill and ability to research and analyze information, problem-solve and use independent decision-making.
- Skill and ability to effectively analyze situations and make decisions on procedural matters with minimal supervision/direction.
- Ability to think strategically and recommend solutions that solve organizational issues and improve processes.
- Ability to incorporate technology in solving problems or improving operational inefficiencies related to student purchases, student test data, content management, student record keeping and other related data.
- Skill and ability to use tact, patience and courtesy in interpersonal relations and communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relations with those contacted in the performance of required duties.
- Ability to work independently in the absence of supervision and in a team environment, and be held accountable for results.
- Skill and ability to plan, organize, coordinate, prioritize and handle multiple tasks, work under pressure, and work with priorities/deadlines subject to changes and frequent interruptions.
- Ability to understand and apply technical procedures and requirements.
- Ability to train others on policies, procedures and practices and lead staff training meetings.
- Ability to maintain a strong customer service focus at all times.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems in person, over the phone, or via email.
- Ability to maintain a professional attitude, with a strong desire to succeed and solve problems.
- Possession of a valid California driver’s license.
- Willingness and ability to travel locally and within the surrounding counties.
- Willingness and ability to work overtime on occasion to meet project timelines.
PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS (with or without the use of aids):
- Physical, mental and emotional stamina to work up to an eight-hour shift under sometimes stressful conditions, with frequent distraction and interruptions.
- Ability to deal with angry/upset people in a calm and professional manner.
Sufficient hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity to use a wide variety of office and computer equipment, to keyboard and write, file, and maintain records and reports. Sufficient hearing to conduct in-person and telephone conversations.
- Ability to speak in an understandable voice with sufficient volume to be heard in normal conversational distance, on the telephone and in addressing groups.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time, up to an 8 hour shift.
- Willingness and ability to work effectively and move about in an office environment.
- Sufficient mobility to bend, stoop, push/pull, lift, stand, and walk on an occasional basis to file, move equipment or supplies or take work from one location to another
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $5,425.00 to $7,382.00 /month
- business, statistics, project management, finance,: 4 years (Preferred)
- Carmichael, CA 95608 (Preferred)