Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
The Americas (Baxter’s US, Canadian and LATAM region) manager role has a critical role to plan, scope, and direct our Americas audit activities. While the role is focused on the Americas region and Corporate functions, the Corporate Audit group operates globally which requires close coordination and collaboration with the full audit team.Team colleagues are also based in the US, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America.The Manager will form relationships with a broad spectrum of stakeholders to understand business risks at our various locations and recommend a thoughtful audit approach. Risks coverage encompasses financial, operational, commercial, IT, and strategic business risks requiring the candidate to have a broad and open perspective. The Manager will also hire, retain, and develop the Americas team members. The Corporate Audit group is ideal for career development for highly motivated individuals as this position offers extensive exposure to Baxter’s business units/corporate functions and to the company’s financial philosophies and practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Manage audits by performing project management duties, including risk assessment, scoping, planning, detailed execution of fieldwork, as needed, reviewing the work of audit teams; provide expertise on auditing standards and performance criteria, department methodology and working knowledge of information technology concepts; Audit scope includes plants, commercial operations and Corporate/Global business functions
Plan, assign and supervise the daily activity of Americas Corporate Audit team and other auditors/consultants
Ensure that audit observations are clearly presented to and agreed upon by management and manage the audit report process (some complex in nature) using advanced writing skills; track open of observations and ensure that sufficient verification is performed to close them
Manage the risk assessment process for the Americas region and maintain strong relationships with key Americas stakeholders (senior operational and financial management at the regional and country level) to identify emerging risks and monitor ongoing risks; support the full global team plan development
Drive innovation and data analysis in risk and controls assessments to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of audits.
Coordinate work and collaborate with other Baxter assurance functions, notably the Internal Controls team, which are responsible for Controls of Financial Reporting (SOX)
Manage the direct assist work with the external auditors
Teach, train and coach Americas Corporate Audit team ensuring team members receive timely feedback, understand their talent placement, have a development plan, are sufficiently staffed on engagements, and make progress to achieve their individual plus department objective
Attend and/or conduct internal meetings and participate in recruiting and hiring internal auditors
Key Finance Competencies:
- Knowledge of internal controls and audit processes
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work closely with people at all levels of the organization; work through differences, and build alliances with others
- Two or more years of people management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills including with different cultures
- Ability to balance multiple priorities under minimal supervision, while meeting required deadlines
- Ability to work successfully in ambiguous environments, discern relevant information, and interpret risks to develop focused audit procedures
- Project management experience with projects of different sizes and nature
- Anticipate obstacles and acts to prevent or minimize their impact
- Strong technical knowledge, including COSO, risk assessment, internal control requirements and accounting principles to the relevant business environment
- Knowledge of FCPA, fraud, manufacturing and healthcare / life sciences
- Be willing to travel domestically and internationally as needed
Education and/or Experience:
- Risk Management
- Business Process & Data Management
- Accounting & Reporting Integrity
- Financial Analysis and Decision Support
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in accounting or auditing
- Be a CPA/CA and/or CIA and/or CISA
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.